Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Myles Anderson from BrightLocal always writes such meaningful insights on local!

Just out, a new post with very important trends for Local that are largely magnified by the increase in mobile use. So many great tips!

I especially like the point about the importance of data purity, due to the fact "Mobile Internet users consume less pages and take action quicker than PC Web users. So, if your information is inaccurate or (worse) absent from a site, then you will be missing out on more and more potential customers." He also reminds us to get listings on mobile services like TomTom and Nokia.

I'm highlighting below 1 of many important tips Myles makes because it's something some of us in Local Search don't think enough about - Customer Retention. In addition to getting MORE new customers for our clients - what can we do to get more business from the customers we already have AND retain them?

5 Important Trends Affecting The Local, Social & Mobile Industry

Shift From Acquisition To Retention

The objective and role of SEOs has typically been to acquire new customers for our clients. But, we know from our own businesses that it is easier to extend a relationship with an existing customer than it is to win a new one.

New customer acquisition has higher costs and higher churn associated with it, as well as diminishing returns in the long run. However, retaining existing customers and extracting more money from them is much more profitable.

Tip for SEOs:
So, for SEOs who serve SMB customers, we should be thinking about how we reposition ourselves to help our clients with both their acquisition and retention.

Head over to read the rest. Seriously good info!

I also really liked his "trusted filter" comment and agree it's really important too, due to all the confusing options that are out there for SMBs.

Go forth... and be the trusted filter today! :)

What was your fav part of the article?
Any good take-aways?

Ken Fagan

Reaction score
The Customer Retention tip sounds interesting, but what, concretely, would that entail...?

Would love to read a post on this tip alone... :)

Ken

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Greg Bernhardt Sharing reviews between very similar products? Organic SEO 4
S Confused. Very low authority websites keep ranking higher in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 15
rayrober Very Strange GMB Activity Multi-Location Issues 2
Tim Colling VERY quick response to three reinstatement requests Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D One of my clients has seen a new listing appear with a very similar name to theirs, but linking to their website Help & Support for Google Local 3
Dan Foland Our Very Own Joy Hawkins is the New CEO at Local U! LSF News and Announcements 8
H A hypothetical: A famous local business gets it's very first website Ranking Puzzles 8
djbaxter Very nice SEO and branding move by David?s Bridal Local Search 1
timcapper Very Weird Map Listing Display in Turkey Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Garrett Sussman The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Awful Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet 153 of the Very Best SEO & Local Search Tools - Backlinko Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Google can read JavaScript very well Organic SEO 3
F Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
frederickwebpro Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
Linda Buquet 4 New Pigeon Posts with Some Very Interesting Takeaways Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet 10 Things That Scare You if you do Local SEO - Be Very Afraid! Local Search 1
G Help us to unblock very improtant groups!!!!!!!!!!! Recycle Bin 0
C Listing not being triggered for very relevant keyword Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Hannah Brown Is Dun and Bradstreet important? Local Search 2
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
greenworld_ Coordinates importance Google Local 101 1
Greg Bernhardt Inputting open 24hr in bulk import spreadsheet Google My Business & Google Maps 3
sixthcitysarah What citation sites would you say are still important in 2020? Citations 10
raellovepie Question about Article: Your Google My Business Profile Image – The Most Important Image? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Creativedge Is the Facebook page name important for local search? Local Search 1
JaredCaraway How important are geographical terms in titles/headings? Local Search 3
R Primary Category - So many choices for something so important Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Marissa How Important is NAP Consistency Still? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
A Importance of Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 12
KristiSimone GMB Short Names - Are they important? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
J New GMB Dashboard Missing Many Important "GMB Classic" functionality Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Somsenater Import data from Google My Business in Bing Places for Business Local Search 11
C Review Invite - Import Contact List Local Reviews 5
whiz Aggregators - are they important? Local Search 12
Garrett Sussman What Is Local Content and Why Is It Important To Small Businesses? Local Reviews 0
vivekrpatel What holds more importance for Google Knowledge Graph? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H Citations importance in claiming and losing or GMB listings. Citations 9
pbarnhart Important Update for Trustpilot and Free Accounts Local Reviews 1
javadth is IP important in local base seo ? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet NEW - GMB Locations Bulk Import Summary per @rustybrick - Nice Addition! Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Important Lessons Learned: If you HAD to Start Over WHAT would you do Differently? Consultant's Corner 15
James Watt The importance of proper formatting Google My Business & Google Maps 8
djbaxter IMPORTANT! Broken layout threads: The problem and the solution Admin Stuff 2
Maurice Lehr Local SEO important for international hotel? Local Search 3
M Importance Of Hours In NAP Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Important for Local Search Consultants - Survey: Fees Charged, Revenue Earned & more Consultant's Corner 3
R Google 'Business Account' Blunder - Transfer Ownership, Don't Export/Import Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet The NEW Google Plus: Tutorial by Ana Hoffman & Important Comments from other Leaders Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Important Local Mobile Stats: What users Want, Why they Leave & Where they Go Mobile & Social 2