More threads by eshad

eshad

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm just after to some quick advice regarding GBP business name for a real estate agents.

Many of the local competition are adding their location after the business name, which clearly seems to be improving the rankings of these businesses in the map packs.
I would normally assume that adding a location is against Google's terms, but when looking the help section of GBP, I can see that 'Holiday Inn Salem' is an acceptable name for a hotel. (I have added screenshot)

Would I then assume that adding the location after the name of the estate agent would be acceptable as they also have more than one location?

Thanks

Ed

gbp-business-name.jpg

This is not allowed with Google. Sadly, Google isn’t great at enforcing it’s guidelines. If you attempt to add it, it could trigger a suspension.

This is what I was thinking. Frustrating all the competition are using this tactic, and I have requested name changes to remove the location of which are accepted by Google. The other businesses change their names back to include the location and have no issues.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom