More threads by Sarah FBM

Reaction score
I have had a few clients in the past week, maybe two, that I have helped set up new GBPs. At first the only verification option was phone or webmail code. About 1-3 days later the status would show that verification is needed again, and after entering the address, only video verification showed. The clients proceeded, they sat in pending for about 3-5 days, then it once again that verification was required and only offers the postcard option at this time. Is this normal?

I am reluctant to even complete the postcard verification as the suspensions (these are primarily service area businesses) have been happening literally seconds after entering the code, so I am not certain what the next step should be in these cases, or if this repetitive verification process is even normal.

We don't set up a ton of new listings but we ran into this as well a week or so ago. My hunch is that phone verification should have never been listed as an option (it's uncommon because of how easy it is to spam), something was broken that caused it to show, and then Google fixed that thing thus causing it to require a postcard verification. In our case, the listing was immediately suspended after the postcard pin was entered in. Never a dull moment in this industry. 😎

We don't set up a ton of new listings but we ran into this as well a week or so ago. My hunch is that phone verification should have never been listed as an option (it's uncommon because of how easy it is to spam), something was broken that caused it to show, and then Google fixed that thing thus causing it to require a postcard verification. In our case, the listing was immediately suspended after the postcard pin was entered in. Never a dull moment in this industry. 😎

Sounds like Google for ya!

So I guess the only option is still to enter the code and remain stupidly optimistic that it will not immediately get suspended?

Sounds like Google for ya!

So I guess the only option is still to enter the code and remain stupidly optimistic that it will not immediately get suspended?

We have decided not to enter in the code and just wait it out. If the listing needs to be verified it still shows on Google. If the listing gets suspended, it is pretty much gone.

We have decided not to enter in the code and just wait it out. If the listing needs to be verified it still shows on Google. If the listing gets suspended, it is pretty much gone.

Have you given it a try yet? I also am sitting on some postcard verifications

Sarah, this just happened to us. We have a new brick and mortar location that we need to get verified. The only option was a video verification. We went to the business, did the video and it went pending for two days. Today, it says we need to do the postcard verification. So dang frustrating.

This question has actually come up a few times so we just made a video about it based on this thread :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom