More threads by Mbrinton

Reaction score
Happy New Year all, I submitted Google API access request months ago, and have received no response. I know Google is often slow to respond, however does anyone have any tips on how to get access to the API?

Hi There,

Google may take awhile to respond but also they do not grant API access to everyone. Their approval is typically based on how many businesses and what products you are trying to manage. They may not deny your request it just may not be prioritized.

Approx how many business locations will you be managing?

Hi There,

Google may take awhile to respond but also they do not grant API access to everyone. Their approval is typically based on how many businesses and what products you are trying to manage. They may not deny your request it just may not be prioritized.

Approx how many business locations will you be managing?

100+. How do they determine how 'worthy' I am? Thanks for your insightful response!

HI Krystal, I misspoke above. I have been granted access to the API's, but Google set our quota's to 0 (zero) on the business profile API, rendering it useless. We have submitted the "quota increase request" form twice and have received no response in over 60 days. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get one's quota increased?

2023-01-11_11-11-40.jpg

Did you have someone from the API team email you? If you respond to them in addition to sharing the dates you made the quota increases they should be able to review. They wouldn't grant you API access if they don't intend to give you quota so that is good news!

Could also be related to the fact that the new API V4 is about to launch. We have seen the old API data import being buggy over the last week or so. Feb 20th the "old API" will stop working.

If you need help setting up the API feel free to reach out.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom