More threads by Nikki Stine

Reaction score
I have a gun store client who received a negative review today because of being short on ammunition. There is a widespread ammunition shortage going on throughout the pandemic, so the shortage does not reflect in any way on the store itself.

Because of this, they would like to flag the review as inappropriate because they feel it is 'off-topic'.
The review says:
No ammo. No selection. No options. Not the place it was last year.

In their review policy, Google defines 'off-topic' in this way: Only post content based on your experience or questions about experiences at the specific location. Maps is not meant to be a forum for general political, social commentary or personal rants. Content that doesn't meet this standard will be removed.

So I'm unsure if it applies. There are supply shortages in several industries. Has anyone else dealt with this in regards to negative reviews?
Many thanks!

Have you replied to that review? Something to the effect of what you posted above?

There is a widespread ammunition shortage going on throughout the pandemic, so the shortage does not reflect in any way on the store itself.

Fleshed out a bit to include an abundance of tact and diplomacy and apology:

We're sorry you were unable to complete your purchase at out business but this is through no fault of our own. This is industry-wide currently: There is a widespread ammunition shortage going on throughout the pandemic and unfortunately this is not something our store has any control over.

It seems to me that would be the best way to handle a case like this while at the same time alerting other potential customers to the shortage.

Have you replied to that review? Something to the effect of what you posted above?
Yes! The business posted a great reply to that effect, with only the tiniest bit of snark. (Something like “Not sure if you know, but there is a global pandemic going on”)

Personally, I agree this is the best way to handle it. The reply is great and does more to alert future customers to the situation.

As most business owners though, they were upset at a negative review and asked about getting it removed. I feel this is highly unlikely, but am throwing it out for opinions here.

thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom