More threads by Annika Neudecker

Reaction score
I'm looking into creating short videos to share the most important features of our stores with our customers - something fairly simple, photos of the location alongside information about the location that people looking to use us would want to know. I was wondering if there are best practices for creating and posting these sorts of videos to GBP or issues to be aware of. I checked around a few blogs like Sterling Sky and didn't see anything so I'm not sure if anyone has done research on videos yet.

Solution
I'm looking into creating short videos to share the most important features of our stores with our customers - something fairly simple, photos of the location alongside information about the location that people looking to use us would want to know. I was wondering if there are best practices for creating and posting these sorts of videos to GBP or issues to be aware of. I checked around a few blogs like Sterling Sky and didn't see anything so I'm not sure if anyone has done research on videos yet.

You mean videos consisting of a photo slideshow?
If so, I tested it, google didn't reject such videos but willingly wanted to show them. placed them at the very end of the gallery and had very few views - compared to photos or other...

Manage photos or videos for your Business Profile would be a good place to start Annika.

You mean videos consisting of a photo slideshow?
If so, I tested it, google didn't reject such videos but willingly wanted to show them. placed them at the very end of the gallery and had very few views - compared to photos or other videos.

Google definitely prefers "real" videos that show the company in an authentic way.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom