More threads by JRS

JRS

Reaction score
A customer of mine's employee accidentally charged a tip to a bill she initially reversed i.e the guy didn't get his food fast enough in a very busy bar, so the employee said no problem we won't charge you - but THEN a tip got accidentally charged. The tip was reversed upon notice but that wasn't good enough. The SJW went ballistic and said this was racial and intentional and got an incessant army of people to 1 star bomb him on GMB. Is there any response here that Google will listen to to negate this baseless attack? Is there anyone there that goes ok, I see what's going on here, we can do something about this or is this something that can't be proven and thus you're kind of stuck just getting attacked willy nilly?

Hi @JRS

If its an obvious review attack, Google can review it and take action if they agree that its an attack.

If you see a review that violates one of Google’s guidelines here is what you should do:

NOTE: According to Mike B, Google won’t remove a review with a response posted. Before you start the removal process always check to see if a response has been posted and if there is one delete it.

1. Go into the Google My Business dashboard;
  2. Pull up the listing, click on the reviews tab;
  3. Click on the three dots to the right of the review to flag it;
  4. Wait 3 full business days;
  5. If the review doesn’t disappear, contact Google My Business support.
Do not bother contacting Google about it before the 3 days is up or they will just tell you to wait. They implemented this process sometime between August-October 2017 and when you flag the review inside the GMB dashboard it actually gets reviewed by a real human being (shocking, I know).

Hi @JRS

If its an obvious review attack, Google can review it and take action if they agree that its an attack.

If you see a review that violates one of Google’s guidelines here is what you should do:

NOTE: According to Mike B, Google won’t remove a review with a response posted. Before you start the removal process always check to see if a response has been posted and if there is one delete it.

1. Go into the Google My Business dashboard;
  2. Pull up the listing, click on the reviews tab;
  3. Click on the three dots to the right of the review to flag it;
  4. Wait 3 full business days;
  5. If the review doesn’t disappear, contact Google My Business support.
Do not bother contacting Google about it before the 3 days is up or they will just tell you to wait. They implemented this process sometime between August-October 2017 and when you flag the review inside the GMB dashboard it actually gets reviewed by a real human being (shocking, I know).
Colan. You...are the MAN! Thank you. Thank you! And local search forum and Sterling Sky and Joy Hawkins and your team - all referrals go to you ;)

Is there anyway to contact them directly as in the past and get a support ticket going?

Nope. But you can create a thread at the official Google My Business help community and one of the product experts can review it and potentially escalate to Google.

if you are using Google Workspace there is a bug when using the contact form, you can get around by choosing "other" on the recommended response step instead of actually selecting something

good luck

In trying to contact Google My Business support it seems to throw you in a loop of previously answered questions that don't really address the issue at hand. Is there anyway to contact them directly as in the past and get a support ticket going? they did not remove any of these reviews, including ones that said "they stole my friends soul" and "the owner attacked me with his shoe" and "there aren't any kangaroos here" lol. They just wont remove them.

Try a different path as you are filling out the form. Depending on which options you choose you may end up at email or you may end up at an option that doesn't include email.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom