Reaction score
Another fantastic post by Phil.

How to Pick the Best Barnacle SEO Sites: a Checklist

The concept of barnacle SEO is simple enough: get visible on a site that ranks well in Google for the local search terms you?re going after, because that?s usually easier than getting your site to rank for those terms. (You?ll still try to do both, of course.) I?ve also written about the most-practical ways to execute it.

patrice

Reaction score
In France we have a saying, the best backlink is the link that's on the first site of the query you're targeting. And surprisingly enough it's possible to get listed on people's sites who are in front of you.

Best tactics i'm using :
-pick up your phone and call them ! (nothing beats human contact)
-attend the same conferences they go to in person and meet them In Real Life!
-write and article about their business sometimes they return you the favor (i've been extremely successful with that one). You'd be amazed by the trafic that mentioning your competition brings !

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing Justin.

Thanks for the link tips Patrice.

Thanks for the great Barnacle post Phil!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Eric Rohrback Using the Barnacle SEO Method to Prove Local Community Awareness - A Moz Blog Post Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Barnacle SEO for Attorneys: Why you Need it - Especially Post-Pigeon Local Search 0
Dustybones Barnacle SEO: Attaching to sites that rank well. Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Why ?Barnacle SEO? Is Making A Big Comeback In Local - David Mihm Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Your Field Guide to ?Barnacle? Local SEO | LocalVisibilitySystem.com Local Search 2
rich_marlatt What Wordpress plugins do you recommend for SEO and Schema Markup? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
brettmandoes Hiring SEO Analyst - Full Time - Remote Accepted Local SEO Job Board 0
ganapathy Wix Platform From SEO point of view Websites, Software, and Security 4
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
B SEO A/B Testing is possible... And it is easier than you think Recycle Bin 0
J Voice SEO suggestions? Organic SEO 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
djbaxter Webinar Technical SEO Help Hour Oct. 28 Events 0
djbaxter Take the 2020 Local SEO Blackbelt Quiz Events 0
C The value of a blog on a website for local SEO Local Search 58
N Local SEO for Franchisee Local Search 4
D SEO Audit Expert / Consultant Needed Local SEO Job Board 1
djbaxter SEO Cheat Sheet for Small Businesses Organic SEO 0
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
djbaxter Do SEOs Blindly Believe Google's John Mueller? Organic SEO 2
djbaxter Google on Canonicalization: SEO Mythbusting Organic SEO 0
djbaxter SEO myth-busting: What is NOT a Google search ranking factor Organic SEO 3
djbaxter What SEOs get wrong about Google updates Google Algorithm Discussions 0
georgebizpro What are your favorite on-page local SEO tactics? Local Search 2
Monica Simpson Local SEO Professional ZOOM - July 17th Events 6
CraigJMount 10-Minute Survey Request for People Who Have Hired SEO Agencies Local Search 1
Andrew Shotland Local SEO Guide is Hiring a Sr Director of SEO Local SEO Job Board 0
Monica Simpson Last Local SEO Zoom Friday July 10 Events 0
P I need a recommendation of a person implementing Schema.org (vast experience in json-ld and SEO) Local SEO Job Board 4
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom - June 25th LSF News and Announcements 0
djbaxter SEO people continue to debate about E-A-T but Google has been clear and consistent Organic SEO 0
L Yelp seo Local Search 2
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom - June 19th Events 1
quartercheapersigns Social Media for SEO Mobile & Social 5
Monica Simpson Meet Local SEO professional via Zoom Local Search 1
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom Meetup Local Search 1
djbaxter Local SEO Experts You Need to Follow on Twitter Local Search 0
djbaxter New SEO Tool: Was There A Google Update Search Site Organic SEO 0
Monica Simpson Local SEO Zoom Meetup Events 1
JoyHawkins How Do You Do Local SEO Keyword Research? Local Content 15