More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
There are a lot of views about what citations are the top. This is Search Engine Journals take. Be sure to read the comments, as others are making suggestions. Myles from Brightlocal makes some great suggestions.

SEO 101: The Top 15 Places for Local Citations in the U.S. and the U.K.

There are thousands of places where a citation (which is a mention of your business name and address, phone number and/or website) can be built for your local business in order to help your current and potential customers find you easier online. But, before we get the top 15 sources for local citations by country, here’s the ‘big four’:

SEO 101: The Top 15 Places for Local Citations in Canada and Australia

Welcome to Part 2 of this series! I’m going to quickly go through the important points I covered in the previous part in this short intro. Remember local citations shouldn’t be used as a linkbuilding technique. Instead, it should be taken as a way to help your customers try to find you easier online.

I'll add my two bits to the list for Australia

Yellowbook and bloo - they've been touted as a top citation site on many lists on the Internet, but from my experience I don't think there's anybody at home. I've sent each site multiple requests for assistance with listings (delete/update/whatever) and never had either a response or result. My experience makes me question just how valuable those really are...

FlyingSolo is removing their free listings offering in July
We emailed you a while ago to let you know we will be removing all free listings from our Flying Solo member directory and from July 1, 2014 the directory will be for paying members only.

Yalwa - good for anonymous reviews, and for some reason Google sometimes picks up their reviews. Which is wonderful for astro-turfing. I knew a business owner who put 10 fake 5-star reviews on her listing, one after the other. To my horror, Google took them and has tied them to her places page. Seems they're willing to take anything from anyone, any number of times.
Also, free listings expire every 12 months.

That said, the rest of his list is good.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had any success with YB and Bloo?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom