More threads by WAHamilton

WAHamilton

Reaction score
Hi there,

I manage listings for a large multi-location business in New Zealand with 800+ listings. A few times each month, we need to create new listings as locations are often opening or closing for various reasons.

Our account was bulk-verified, so typically locations would auto-verify when I created them (unless there is an existing duplicate). However, over the last few weeks, this has stopped happening and the last 2-3 locations have not auto-verified.

I'm trying to understand what has occurred to create this issue. What's odd is that when I initially create the listing, I still get the 'Your listing has been verified' screen. Then when I finish adding more details, it tells me it is not verified after all. So I'm wondering if this is a bug with my account...?

Hoping anyone can shed some light on this! Have had no success going through Google Support to get it resolved.

Thanks,
Alex

Solution
Hi Alex,

Have you made any changes recently with who the primary owner on the bulk verified account is? My understanding is that the verification status is typically tied to a specific user account.

@krystaltaing is the expert when it comes to bulk verification so let's see if she has any ideas.
Hi Alex,

Have you made any changes recently with who the primary owner on the bulk verified account is? My understanding is that the verification status is typically tied to a specific user account.

@krystaltaing is the expert when it comes to bulk verification so let's see if she has any ideas.

Solution
Hi there,

I manage listings for a large multi-location business in New Zealand with 800+ listings. A few times each month, we need to create new listings as locations are often opening or closing for various reasons.

Our account was bulk-verified, so typically locations would auto-verify when I created them (unless there is an existing duplicate). However, over the last few weeks, this has stopped happening and the last 2-3 locations have not auto-verified.

I'm trying to understand what has occurred to create this issue. What's odd is that when I initially create the listing, I still get the 'Your listing has been verified' screen. Then when I finish adding more details, it tells me it is not verified after all. So I'm wondering if this is a bug with my account...?

Hoping anyone can shed some light on this! Have had no success going through Google Support to get it resolved.

Thanks,
Alex
I have experienced this issue on two different accounts. The best thing to do is to contact GBP support, and they will get you verified.

@Colan Nielsen it's connected to the entire account and not an individual profile.

Thank you for clarifying. I had thought I had run into an issue in the past where the bulk verification status was lost because one of the users that did the bulk verification was no longer tied to the account.

Thank you for clarifying. I had thought I had run into an issue in the past where the bulk verification status was lost because one of the users that did the bulk verification was no longer tied to the account.

Since Google doesn’t want people using the same email address to log into Google, it wouldn’t make sense to have this remain on the account and not individual profiles.

I have experienced this issue on two different accounts. The best thing to do is to contact GBP support, and they will get you verified.

@Colan Nielsen it's connected to the entire account and not an individual profile.

Thanks for this! Can you shed any light on how to go about contacting them, i.e. should I flag this as an issue connected to bulk verification, verification in general, etc.? I've noticed the form changes depending on what issue you've flagged.

For example, when I tried to submit a ticket for 'bulk verification', a lot of the questions were geared towards new bulk verification (not an account that had existing bulk verification). So I wasn't really sure how to answer some of them and ended up posting on the Help forums instead.

Any details would be super appreciated!

Thanks for this! Can you shed any light on how to go about contacting them, i.e. should I flag this as an issue connected to bulk verification, verification in general, etc.? I've noticed the form changes depending on what issue you've flagged.

For example, when I tried to submit a ticket for 'bulk verification', a lot of the questions were geared towards new bulk verification (not an account that had existing bulk verification). So I wasn't really sure how to answer some of them and ended up posting on the Help forums instead.

Any details would be super appreciated!

I would use this as the subject line: listing requiring verification despite being a bulk verified account and then answer all of the questions. They will get your business profiles verified within a day.

Hi all, thanks for your advice! I contacted Google Support using the prompt suggested by @keyserholiday. They told me that only one of the two email accounts set up to manage these listings is bulk verified. So I was having this issue when using the wrong one to create new listings. Didn't realize this was the case as the setup predates me, but shouldn't be an issue going forward. Much appreciated!

Hi all, thanks for your advice! I contacted Google Support using the prompt suggested by @keyserholiday. They told me that only one of the two email accounts set up to manage these listings is bulk verified. So I was having this issue when using the wrong one to create new listings. Didn't realize this was the case as the setup predates me, but shouldn't be an issue going forward. Much appreciated!

Interesting, was the email a manager or using the domain URL?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom