More threads by CraigRivers

CraigRivers

Reaction score
Backstory: I’m listed as a Service Area Business with Google. My profile was verified at a residence almost 10 years ago. Any citations out there for my business that I know of list the residence. But I’m trying to get away from the home address being publicly listed.

Recently, I updated my business license and put a PO box as the business address and mailing address (listed in the address style of “1234 Street Name #5678” and not “1234 Street Name, PO BOX #5678”).

After submitting the license application, I realized my city’s business licenses can appear on a Google search in a spreadsheet format, do I have anything to be concerned about with Google as far as address consistency, or having a PO box listed as the “business address”? Could a competitor successfully challenge this inconsistency with Google?

Any help would be appreciated.

Then I wouldn't worry. You have a well-established profile with a hidden address, and you're not planning or needing to change that address, so the new address being a PO box is not an issue.

To the best of my knowledge, Google doesn't care if the original verified address for a SAB is different from any "public" address visible online.

My assumption is that as long as you're not trying to change the validation address for the itself (and there is absolutely no reason to do that if you still serve the same area!), the only concern is that Google could conceivably create a duplicate with a displayed address. However, I have never heard of that occurring for a PO box address.

My assumption is that as long as you're not trying to change the validation address for the itself (and there is absolutely no reason to do that if you still serve the same area!), the only concern is that Google could conceivably create a duplicate with a displayed address. However, I have never heard of that occurring for a PO box address.

Thank you, JS Girard for the reply.

I probably am going to have to move two doors down (literally) from the residence where the business was validated. But I would still be serving the same area.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom