More threads by Rosette

Reaction score
I have 2 doctors in a practice, let's call one doctor, Dr A and the other, Dr B. I worked on each doctor's GMB listing and their practice website. Each doctor has a page on their website, so I use each doctor's page as the website address (the URL is like this medpractice.com/JohnSmithMD). Each GMB listing is named like this: [Practice Name]: [Doctor Name]

After all the work was completed, Dr A ranked #1 on Google Maps, and Doctor B rank #5. I've been trying to figure out why Dr B is ranking lower than Dr A.

After sometime Dr. B became impatient and started paying for Google Ads. I've seen the ads on top of the 3-pack on Google Maps and on maps.google.com. Once Dr B started paying for ads, Dr B's GMB listing disappeared. It not only dropped from #5, it does not appear in any of the first 5 pages (so if the listing is there, it's beyond #50).

Questions:

1. If a business buys ads, does the GMB listing get hidden (or taken out)?
2. Do you have any ideas on how I could figure out what happened to Dr B's GMB listing? By the way, if you google Dr B's name, her GMB listing shows up on the right side.

I have 2 doctors in a practice, let's call one doctor, Dr A and the other, Dr B. I worked on each doctor's GMB listing and their practice website. Each doctor has a page on their website, so I use each doctor's page as the website address (the URL is like this medpractice.com/JohnSmithMD). Each GMB listing is named like this: [Practice Name]: [Doctor Name]

After all the work was completed, Dr A ranked #1 on Google Maps, and Doctor B rank #5. I've been trying to figure out why Dr B is ranking lower than Dr A.

After sometime Dr. B became impatient and started paying for Google Ads. I've seen the ads on top of the 3-pack on Google Maps and on maps.google.com. Once Dr B started paying for ads, Dr B's GMB listing disappeared. It not only dropped from #5, it does not appear in any of the first 5 pages (so if the listing is there, it's beyond #50).

Questions:

2. Do you have any ideas on how I could figure out what happened to Dr B's GMB listing? By the way, if you google Dr B's name, her GMB listing shows up on the right side.
No, you should see 2 occurrences of the same listing, 1 paid & 1 organic...however...

2. Do you have any ideas on how I could figure out what happened to Dr B's GMB listing?
Try a different keyword that does not trigger the ad & see what happens.

3. By the way, if you google Dr B's name, her GMB listing shows up on the right side.
That's normal. It must appear on the right side in desktop view.

No, you should see 2 occurrences of the same listing, 1 paid & 1 organic...however...

2. Do you have any ideas on how I could figure out what happened to Dr B's GMB listing?
Try a different keyword that does not trigger the ad & see what happens.

3. By the way, if you google Dr B's name, her GMB listing shows up on the right side.
That's normal. It must appear on the right side in desktop view.
Thanks...by the way, on #3, I made that comment to say that at least I know the listing still exists or not suspended.

Also wanted to add that if both Dr's are at the same address, same GMB category, it's normal for Google to show one lower to diversify the results.

Agree with Yan here. It's extremely unlikely that Google will rank both of them for the same thing if they are at the same address.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom