More threads by Raph2805

Raph2805

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I saw a while back that Google allowed new car dealerships to create multiple listings for Sales , Service and Parts depts if they have a different entrance , opening hours etc
At the time i wasn't sure about the move so held fire. 6 months on and i would love to hear from anyone that implemented this and how it has worked?

Has separating out Sales and Service resulted in more views and engagements from search? Is Google clever enough to produce the correct department GMB for the search enquiry? Have consumers got confused and calling service for sales related queries and vice versa?

Would love to get some insight, before i think about doing the same.

Thanks

Ralph

Hey Folks,

I saw a while back that Google allowed new car dealerships to create multiple listings for Sales , Service and Parts depts if they have a different entrance , opening hours etc
At the time i wasn't sure about the move so held fire. 6 months on and i would love to hear from anyone that implemented this and how it has worked?

Has separating out Sales and Service resulted in more views and engagements from search? Is Google clever enough to produce the correct department GMB for the search enquiry? Have consumers got confused and calling service for sales related queries and vice versa?

Would love to get some insight, before i think about doing the same.

Thanks

Ralph
Hey Ralph, we work exclusively in automotive, and breaking out sales, service, parts, body shop is definitely a best practice. Overall searches/views/actions all increase, especially for non-branded, category (Discovery) search. With only 10 categories available, it is not possible for a dealership to optimize both sales, and fixed operations (parts, service, body shop) with a single GMB. We also published a popular book on the subject, "A Car Dealer's Guide to Google My Business", which the NADA field trainers have embraced and promote. I hope this helps!

Links to that book at Amazon, for those interested:

I work with car dealerships and have had a terrible time splitting service and sales. We kept getting duplicate listings and then the ORIGINAL GMB would be suspended.
Google told me I needed to have a different, address, phone and website if I didn't want suspended for duplicate listings.
I did have different suite numbers on the address, different phone numbers and while I linked to the same domain, I did link to the service department section on that domain...still they suspended the original listing.
I finally just said screw it and keep 1 listing and just put it all on there.
To me, it was/is not worth the hours spent to straighten out the suspensions and BS.

Hi Sheryl, we've had success with same address and phone, but different name (of course) and website link (deep link to department page). Lately GMB has been erratic on the suspensions, so that has been a challenge. Our best solution is using the Chat Support function in GMB, can usually resolve issues during a 15-20 minute chat session. We actually have a harder time when the listing is not at the same address. We can get the listing created, but it won't "nest" into the main sales listing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom