MeganR

Reaction score
I would love some feedback on this one. I have never seen this before. My client's GMB listing is published, not suspended, and yet it does not appear in maps.

This is NOT a "ranking issue," where it simply doesn't have enough "juice" to appear; rather, it LITERALLY does not appear.

When you on "See On Maps" in GMB console, it takes you to a blank listing.

Also, if you manually search for the exact business name in Maps it does not appear.

I'd like to attach screenshot, but it won't let me use attachment here.

I'm a noob to LSF. Do you have to do a certain # of posts before you can add attachments to a new thread?

MeganR

Reaction score
I'm cleaning up a mess left by their former SEO. I certainly don't want to be evasive, but I'd rather not disclose business, as the other SEO spammed the business name in the listing. We are just beginning onboarding process and they were wondering why their listing wasn't showing.

Their prior SEO had also built out a G Website Builder Site, but never published. So, this listing has been sitting here with an unpublished G Website, despite having a full WP website which is live on the web. Uncertain if this may be the cause--unpublished G site in account.

I understand if you can't provide advice without seeing the listing, believe me I get it. Just wondering if anyone on here had ever seen anything like this. Again, I'm amazed it's NOT suspended b/c prior SEO added location and specialty to biz name.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
It's definitely hard to diagnose and provide a solution without seeing this specific case. You mentioned that you were trying to add screenshots. Out of curiosity what type of screenshots were you trying to share if you can't disclose the business?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'd like to attach screenshot, but it won't let me use attachment here.

I'm a noob to LSF. Do you have to do a certain # of posts before you can add attachments to a new thread?

Sorry I missed this Megan. Being new isn't the issue Megan. Likely either screenshot is too large OR non-supported file type.

I assume you clicked the picture icon in the menu right above the post edit screen.
Can you try again? Then give us any error message so we can try to help?

MeganR

Reaction score
Sorry, for the delayed reply. Colan, the image probably isn't that helpful as it's basically the map listing with a blank blue space, where the business name should appear. Linda, I tried to attach the image again, in .jpg and .png and compressed image. I'm wondering if it's a browser issue; I use chrome. I'll try sending from Firefox. I'm able to choose the file and select "upload" but nothing happens.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
What happens when you press the see it on search button in the dashboard - does that pull the listing up properly?

If so, use the Get Five Stars plugin in Chrome to get the Maps URL (you'll need the listing up in search) and then open that up and it should show the listing on Maps.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Travis Van Slooten Client's 3+ Year GMB Listing Uses UPS Address (Leave As-Is or Change)? Moving or Name Changes 6
Chris Ratchford Hibu claimed a new GMB listing w/out client's consent- rejected owner request Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Durandl New client but GMB listings suspended Google My Business & Google Maps 3
E 3rd party SEO company holding clients GMB listing hostage Google My Business & Google Maps 15
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D GMB Expansion for SAB Client who Acquired a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
N Client with 100+ Locations wants to use GMB Messaging. What are the options? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
Nikki Stine Client GMB Suspended for No Reason - Again. Can a competitor cause this? Help & Support for Google Local 8
S Client disappeared in 3-pack & organic after GMB category priority change Google My Business & Google Maps 10
N New Client...Strange GMB Issue Service Area Businesses 5
WAHamilton Negative Review Attack on Client GMB Page Local Reviews 16
Nikki Stine Client GMB suspended due to quality issues - no idea why (??) Help & Support for Google Local 8
M Suspended GMB Account - - Is Client's URL or Business Name Burnt? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Scammy Local SEOs that Hold Client GMB Pages Hostage Spam on Google 3
A How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Amber Robinson How I got my clients proper GMB in the Local Pack Ranking Puzzles 4
Ray Litvak Duplicate GMB accounts for same client--help!! Help & Support for Google Local 7
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Joe Good Client verified but pending since 10/19/20 Help & Support for Google Local 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
brettmandoes Products - appears for some HVAC clients, but not others Google My Business & Google Maps 5
I Client Suspended Thread: Please Help Help & Support for Google Local 5
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
C Client with multiple address across citations and web properties All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
rossdunn Setting Up Foursquare for a Client Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
david.victor Facebook disabled advertising and post-boosting for a client Mobile & Social 4
nathangdavidson Need to change the building name for a client Google My Business & Google Maps 2
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13
lincolnchan Attribution Links in Clients' Footers Organic SEO 7
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2