More threads by NexstarNickR

NexstarNickR

Solutions
Reaction score
I have a company I am working with who has a 1.5/5 star rating on Consumers' Checkbook, even though it says 67% of people gave them a "Superior" overall rating.

Has anyone dealt with Consumers' Checkbook before? Everything seems to be behind a paywall (both to leave and access reviews), even though they push the overall star rating out on SEO.

Is this a "pay for positivity" platform? Has anyone worked with them before? I would love to hear the thoughts from the community!

Solution
Have you tried tweeting to the company? The schema is probably wrong and this should be something they could fix. They were super responsive to my tweet this morning.
I've never had to deal with them but I'll ask around and see if anyone else has.

Thanks Joy! I saw your tweet this morning, so hopefully we find something!

I'm getting a vibe like I get with Yelp, where they seem to have bad reviews of companies but you don't get any context from either side unless they get some cash.

Do you have an example where you can't view the reviews? I tried a few businesses and I can see the ratings publicly.

Do you have an example where you can't view the reviews? I tried a few businesses and I can see the ratings publicly.

My member was concerned that they had 41 reviews, 67% gave them a "superior" overall rating, and yet they are listed as a 1.5/5 star company. And this is showing up page one for brand searches for them.

Have you tried tweeting to the company? The schema is probably wrong and this should be something they could fix. They were super responsive to my tweet this morning.

Solution
Haha I just did that. We will see if I get a response there. It doesn't seem like many others have experiences with this site, though...

Resurrecting this old thread to see if if you had any success with Checkbook.org, @NexstarNickR . I'm onboarding a new client and discovered a dismal Checkbook profile as the #3 result for client's brand.

Similar to the displayed result you dealt with, 65% give client a superior rating, but the star rating is only 2.5. When I created an account, so that I could get a full look at the company's profile, I see only 2 reviews and one is from multiple states away.

Client has never heard of Checkbook and has a stellar reputation in the community. 30+ years in business, 500 customers, word of mouth has been their only marketing, and they even have a 5 star Yelp rating — based on all of 2 reviews.

Thanks for any insight!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom