Marie Ysais

Reaction score
I found a directory today that is so useful for Local citations I wanted to share.

The directory listing allows you to place text, keyword links, image uploads and their G+ map. This makes for a pretty good local citation. Once the post is created the URL includes the city, state and keywords.

agreatertown.com

Looks like the State Farm agents are pretty fond of it.

Brian

Reaction score
Thanks Marie. Are you able to add multiple client business listings under your own account or do you set up a separate Greater Town account for each business?"

Marie Ysais

Reaction score
Hi Brian,
I am able to upload many clients under the same account. The "posts" are tied together as the end user can run a search and see all posts by my account name. I have set up one account for several clients but you can do it either way. I set up the one main account with a non descriptive user name as did many others.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
Do you feel a site like this is more beneficial for clients to provide a ranking push? I feel like if I submit client info to all the traditional IYP sites, they'll eventually get annoyed with calls from sales people trying to upsell them on their "premium listings."

Do you treat directory sites like this as more of a place frame the post like a blog post? Would you say a site like this is better than just sending info to a bunch of IYP sites? I'm curious to know what people think about sites like this.

Reaction score
Just submitted my business, and noticed that they have an option at the bottom to hide your business address (for SABs). While its definitely possible to do this with a number of other directories I am impressed that they out and out ask on the registration form.

I also noticed that the registration form was subdomain of local.com. What do we know about the local.com ecosystem, i.e. what databases do we know that they feed?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
djbaxter Matt Cutts: Don't build links using article directories Organic SEO 1
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
hajnasiewicz GMB on Mobile: "Directory" tab Google My Business & Google Maps 2
LauraUK Placing a bulk "lock on" directory listings Citations 7
J Claiming a Directory Listing For a Client Citations 9
hajnasiewicz Mobile > Directory Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
billenross Best Of The Web Directory value? Citations 3
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Find Niche Specific Citation Directories? Local Search 7
Caroline Submitting Directory Entries Local Search 3
wideangle SEO implications of call tracking numbers on a local directory site Citations 19
Kevin Marshall How Hard Is It to Outrank Yelp and Other Directory Websites in the SERPs? Local Search 5
Monica Simpson Spreadsheet with Directory Specs Local Search 2
ValerieM Advice Local Directory Listing Service - Suggestions or Advice Citations 24
D Acxiom's Directory will close at the end of the year Citations 8
Igor Phone verification issues for business with extension directories Citations 5
W Directory Showing In Brand Search Term Results Local Search 8
Zhivko What makes a directory valuable? Citations 26
C Cheapest Citation Submission Service Per Directory Citations 9
L After moving site to HTTPS do i need to update all directory / NAP listings ? Local Search 2
C Submission Service for Select Directories? Citations 4
C Top Orphan Local Directories Local Search 1
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
Caroline Frustrated - Broken Directories! Local Search 18
T Cross linking GMB with other local directories Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Sweeney What Would You Recommend For Categories On A Chamber Member Directory? Consultant's Corner 3
Tim Colling Lead Diversion Directories - A Growing Problem Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Top 100 Local Business Directories/Citations for Local SEO by Andrew Shotland @Yext Citations 12
Tim Sweeney Directory Site In 2016 and Beyond Consultant's Corner 6
G SAP Directories Local Search 3
Tim Colling The "Lead Theft" Directory Problem - What Can We Do? Local Search 9
Colan Nielsen The Right Financial Advisor Directory Citations 2
C Listing Services That Allow You To Control Which Directories Citations 3
P Operating a local directory as a marketing strategy? Consultant's Corner 19
Vijay Marathe Best name format for single practitioner businesses on local directories other than G Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Martin Briggs Phone extension number for Google Plus and other directories Local Search 3
L Booking dot com claiming a businesses listing on another directory Local Search 4
C Are the second tier local directories significant? Where's the traffic data? Local Search 49
JoyHawkins Linking to a 3rd Party Directory on G+ Local is Against Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Dustybones Local Directories See Drop - Opportunities Still Exist though Citations 1
L Local Directory Checkup software? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
John Tabita SEO for Local Directories Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Groupon Launches Business Directory with Millions of Small Business Listings Local Search 5
Dustybones Optimizing for IYP and Small Business Directories in a Post-Pigeon World Local Search 0
S Zip Code Issues with Business Directories Citations 2
seoWest Directory site and NAP Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M Altering Directory Name affect SEO? Local Search 5
Colan Nielsen Creating and Ranking an Online Business Directory Local Search 5
RobinOctane Directory Listings Timetable pdf? Can't remember the link? Local Search 3
Benjamin Beck Citation Directories For Local Businesses ? By Country Citations 8