chriscc

Reaction score
Hi all.

Hopefully the right place for this post.

I want to download the historic daily number of impressions/clicks my site is getting. Easy, right? I went to Search Console -> Search Traffic -> Search Analytics, then set the date range (back to the beginning of July). Graph shows all the clicks and impressions. So far so good. Scroll down, hit download, open the CSV and it does *not* give me the day-by-day data but the clicks by keyword data.

Any ideas how to get the day-by-day data?

Thank you!

chriscc

Reaction score
Thanks Heckler! I created a new project, read the API docs, fired up Python, and then realised it was Friday night and I couldn't be bothered. Just gonna enter the last 90 days manually, reading off the Search Console graph :)

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
Yeah, you really need to use the API to accomplish this. Doing it manually is a real pain. It also all depends what you're using the data for. The data reported in GSC isn't accurate, but gives you a good high level view of what's going on with the site. Don't take those numbers as absolutes.

What are you trying to do with the data?

chriscc

Reaction score
Hi Eric

I was trying to get an excel (one row for each day) tracking: impressions and clicks from GSC; impressions and actions from GMB; and users and sessions from Analytics. I've done it manually now (I've only one small site to look after). But you're right it's a pain. I'm surprised someone like Moz or Ahrefs don't offer something where you can give them the API keys and they can pull all the data for you (or maybe they do and I haven't found that function)

Cheers

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Issues with downloading locations - bulk verified account Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google Ads bug: That mysterious f.txt download file Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Internet download speeds continue to decline across the globe amid COVID-19 outbreak Websites, Software, and Security 0
H Google My Business - Bulk Insights download Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Garrett Sussman How To Help Your Clients Optimize Their Review Site Listings [FREE PDF DOWNLOAD] Local Reviews 2
S Download Not Enabled Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 15
O Download photos from GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 15
G Database Downloads... Localeze vs. Factual vs. ??? Consultant's Corner 1
B Leaving Yelp reviews on mobile without downloading app Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet (Local) SEO Client Questionnaire to Download and Use Consultant's Corner 14
djbaxter Webinar Get together with Google Search at Search Central Live - February 23, 2021 Events 0
djbaxter Passage based rankings, core web vitals, responsive search ads: A rant Google Algorithm Discussions 0
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
djbaxter Microsoft Bing: 15% Of Searches Are Misspelled So Speller100 To The Rescue Organic SEO 1
Lluc Google launches Years in Business in Search Google My Business & Google Maps 3
djbaxter Enhanced Search added. Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
B GMB listing missing from search, dashboard and GSC. Yikes!!! Help & Support for Google Local 3
Elmer .S What is the most accurate search strings to use when doing manual citation audit? Citations 3
J Wrong GMB Listing Appearing when Searching for Physician by Name Google My Business & Google Maps 4
N Dedicated local search Local Search 12
sixthcitysarah Specific location search shows results for other franchise location Multi-Location Issues 6
djbaxter Webinar The State of Local Search 2021 [Webinar + Q&A] Events 0
Dino Closed business showing in branded search Multi-Location Issues 1
SpectateSwamp How about discussing local search... Like the Spectate one; everything a 50+ years of programming Geezer wants Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
djbaxter Google services down Dec 14, 2020: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Console, more Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
A How to change GMB ticket field in search results knowledge panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
Y Radius of searches Service Area Businesses 4
pbarnhart Google Search Console Merging UTM'd URLs into Canonical URLs - Suggestions? Local SEO Tools & Software 5
djbaxter Google Search Console: New and improved crawl stats for your site Organic SEO 0
JoyHawkins Search Console vs Google My Business (GMB) Insights: A Large Case Study Google My Business & Google Maps 4
G Registering a DBA name as a Search Term Spam on Google 5
RattlingTram Wild rank variations for plural v singular & same intent single keyword searches Ranking Puzzles 2
djbaxter A (home) movie about how Google Search works Organic SEO 0
U Alternative to Search Console URL Inspection Fetch Organic SEO 5
Brian Barwig How to Win at Local Search with Service Area Businesses Service Area Businesses 3
Jeffrey GMB Listing Not Showing For Direct Searches Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Barb Davids Google Search Console Bug? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
djbaxter Google Updates Search Quality Raters Guidelines Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Creativedge Question on duplicate content and search ranking for dentists Local Search 10
D Dynamic local city webpage to satisfy [search term] + "near me" queries Service Area Businesses 2
Tony Wang Search Terms is fading away :-( Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
djbaxter A bit of a new look for the Local Search Forum Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 2
wesduplantier Favicons in Maps search menu? Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
whitespark Whitespark Local Search Summit: September 15 - 17, 2020 Events 3
djbaxter SEO myth-busting: What is NOT a Google search ranking factor Organic SEO 3
jimmydoubleu Google business not listed/found on Search/Map after merge Google Duplicates & Merges 6
Gsmithmike The most accurate Tool to show Local Search Result for Geo Targeting keywords? Local SEO Tools & Software 3
D SERPRiver - Google Search API in Real-Time to Scrape Search Results Recycle Bin 0
A Local Search beginner guide Recycle Bin 0