More threads by austins36

austins36

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

( UPDATE: Whenever I clear Cache 1-4 times, the report finally works, this is extremely annoying but helps me understand where the issue is coming from. Apparently, the report is setup fine, but there are caching issues. )

I've recently been having an issue with our Data Studio Reports.

Everything is working fine within the reports, and they're set up to the best of my knowledge. However, I keep getting this error from random fields

------------------------------
"Data Set Configuration Error
Looker Studio cannot connect to your data set."

Details:
-- Failed to fetch data from the underlying data set --
------------------------------

The short-term solution for this error is to simply Delete the Data & Hold Cntrl Z "Undo" it and will reappear working. However, within 1-2 days, it will show the error again.

I've been searching the web looking for a permanent fix to prevent the data from continuously breaking, but I haven't found any solutions.

Has anyone experienced this or may have some ideas on how to fix?

Thank you

Screenshot 2022-11-14 115953.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-14 115943.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Haven't had that problem specifically, but check your data sources. Maybe removing and re-adding the data source would help?

The only issue I've had recently is changing users from GA3 to GA4, and not all the same info is available for the report, but that is a constant error until it's resolved, not an intermittent one like you've mentioned.

Check the data source. Remove all sources, and then re-add the one you want.
Haven't had that problem specifically, but check your data sources. Maybe removing and re-adding the data source would help?

The only issue I've had recently is changing users from GA3 to GA4, and not all the same info is available for the report, but that is a constant error until it's resolved, not an intermittent one like you've mentioned.

Solution

We have tried re-adding them but the issue still persists :(

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom