Kathy CDM

Reaction score
The lady I spoke with at ExpressUpdate told me that what needs to happen is we need to get the physical paper phone books in our area, go through them, note wrong categories and call those specific publishers. My customers don't have paper phone books. Who does this? Do you?

Please tell me, I've been getting a major run-around... Who are the key sources we need to contact to fix our NAP?

Reaction score
Kathy, Can you give us a little more detail? Have you phone verified the listings showing on Express? If so, you have control over editing the listing, but it can take a long while to update. Sometimes several months. Ive never been told to look through paper books. Paper Books? what are those? I remember people using them back in the 1900's..

Kathy CDM

Reaction score
Hi Dusty, We did a phone pin verification, was unable to edit the listing, then Express Update said that they need to call the business b4 edits will be allowed. Customer has not told me if this happened. But I don't think we will be able to edit the Name.

Meanwhile, I found out about Acxiom and their data management portal. I'm hoping that updating the listing thru them will produce results, but I think we have to delete it first.

Problem is, I don't know what we should submit as an address. Across most of the web it is one way. There is some inconsistency, and that is on the part of the map/data systems using Route or Street.. but Google doesn't recognize either of these versions and our G-Places has a different version. Our industry links aren't being credited over to the website. And while its the only event venue in its city, a search of event venue + city in Google won't list it. I've been hounding Places support, and am waiting -- to hear from them. So, I don't know what to do about the street address, try to change it to Google's liking? Do you have any advice for me? Thank you!

Reaction score
hmm. Ive never had an issue with name changes and have never heard that Express Update needs to call the business again after its already been phone verified. Someone else might have some thoughts on that. As for Axciom. This site is just one of a handful of important "Aggregators" that you need to have the correct NAP (name, Address, Phone) listed on. This is the first step of many. You will submit the official address for the business. I use USPS to make sure everything is correct. The first thing you want to do is Verify all your listings with Express Update, Localeze, and Axciom. These sites are the biggies. After that you have to address other important sites that list your NAP. The process of fixing your Business listings is tedious and takes months, but when cleaned up can help. You have to think of everything as an Ecosystem and everything needs to match. The search engines don't like inconsistent information.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Peter Hill Express Update cost Citations 7
yunust Free Express Update? Local Search 3
Dustybones Where does Express Update get their data from? Local Search 11
Colan Nielsen Express Update Coming to Canada Local Search 8
Amber Robinson Express Update - Has this happened to you? Citations 4
TalkingMonkey Google Smart (AdWords Express) questions Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
Eric Rohrback Expression Engine CMS - Pros & Cons Consultant's Corner 3
Durandl Adwords Express Vs Classic Adwords for small business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
pbarnhart AdWords Express - Need Your Experiences (good and bad) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
James Watt Business owner survey on adwords express results vs pure adwords Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoyHawkins Gold Stars without Using AdWords Express Local Reviews 9
shondarogers Advice on Advertising on Yelp vs Google Express Local Search 5
Jason Rogers "business information provided by american express" Local Search 6
TonyIsSocial What is the + for in AdWords Express Search Phrases Marketing 2
S Weird "Scare Tactic" Email From Google Adwords Express? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google Launches Adwords Express Plus for Local Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Get a FREE Month of Google AdWords Express Ads - Happy Holidays Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Lachlan_Wells Accept/Discard Google Updates - Does this feature work for you? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
TriciaClements Cover Photo not updating Google My Business & Google Maps 7
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
abbiebeltran GMB Verification Postcard Update - What Does 2021 Postcard Look Like? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
JoyHawkins Easily See Winners and Losers After an Algorithm Update Google Algorithm Discussions 3
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
Rich Owings Google community challenge to update 100,000 businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update Google Algorithm Discussions 7
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 12
NevenaIvanova Need help with business detail update of a Chinese business Local Search 3
Niki Gross Tracking Variables Removed After Dec. Update Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Should I Bother Updating NAP on Business Listings and 3rd Party Sites? Citations 7
nathangdavidson Anyone noticed Website fields not being updated in GMB, even though approved? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Hammer Can't enter verification code due to error "To verify your listing, update your business info" All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
NickB-Tampa Why does Google keep updating changing the main category on our listings to ones that don't make as much sense? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
S GMB Address Update for SAB Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google December 2020 core update now fully rolled out Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Dino Google not updating an address. Any ideas? Moving or Name Changes 2
hajnasiewicz How To Update a logo in Wikipedia Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
djbaxter Forum updated to Xenforo 2.2.2 Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
Professor M Google Maps Update - live status of takeout and delivery orders when you book or order from Google Maps on Android and iOS Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Y Whenever I publish update for my local business, my local rankings drop for 3-4 days Local Search 1
djbaxter Passage Indexing: Not A Core Update. It's Ranking, Not Indexing. Don't Optimize For It Google Algorithm Discussions 0
NevenaIvanova Bus Stop Names Update NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
H Updating website and urls are no longer .aspx Organic SEO 2
NickB-Tampa URL is updated in Google My Business but doesn't show up correctly in maps or on Bright Local Local Search 2
djbaxter Google Updates Search Quality Raters Guidelines Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
Igor GMB Virtual care link auto updates to wrong URL Google My Business & Google Maps 5
djbaxter Forum updated to Xenforo 2.2.1 Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
Colan Nielsen NEW October 2020 Google My Business Insights Update Google My Business & Google Maps 0
A Legal Services Rankings Tanked After Potential Update - Solutions? What Did You Do? Organic SEO 2
djbaxter Security update Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 3