More threads by hillardkatie1

hillardkatie1

Reaction score
Hi there - I've noticed on some of our location pages have their recommendations and ratings removed. This is what FB support responded back with (see below). It looks like all recommendations and ratings are going to be removed in the future with no certain timeline (reviews will stay). Thought I would share and see if anyone else is noticing this on their end as well.

Note from FB support:

I have gotten word back from our team. It looks like this is happening to a bunch of Pages in preparation of removing the Recommendation system like I was mentioning. Our team is working on a replacement system but they do no have any time frame when that will be released. Expect the Recommendation and the ratings to section of the review tab to be completely remove in the near future. The reviews will stay but the Recommendation and the ratings will be removed.

Hi there - I've noticed on some of our location pages have their recommendations and ratings removed. This is what FB support responded back with (see below). It looks like all recommendations and ratings are going to be removed in the future with no certain timeline (reviews will stay). Thought I would share and see if anyone else is noticing this on their end as well.

Note from FB support:

I have gotten word back from our team. It looks like this is happening to a bunch of Pages in preparation of removing the Recommendation system like I was mentioning. Our team is working on a replacement system but they do no have any time frame when that will be released. Expect the Recommendation and the ratings to section of the review tab to be completely remove in the near future. The reviews will stay but the Recommendation and the ratings will be removed.
Hi Katie! I have two answers for you - the official Facebook answer and what we're hearing behind closed doors ;)
Officially, Facebook has always maintained that they do not have to always show all reviews or recommendations. My guess for this is due to my unofficial response below. They do appear to be making a large change to the review/rating system again as they remove page likes from pages. Unfortunately, it is hard to hold them to much because they're making so many changes so quickly. If you have someone that can check for you from another device, are they seeing the same reviews you are or do they see different content?
UN-officially, I'm hearing that they've got an unidentified bug that is causing this and they have not yet been able to figure out how or why it is happening -if this is the case, I expect it will be resolved relatively quickly but with little information on how or why, so prepare for frustration.

Hi Katie,

Another thing to consider is that Facebook is currently going through a period of changing their policy and a lot of the functions aren't working, something that is evident in the Facebook app and website. Best thing to do is to wait a bit and hopefully when they officially announce the changes, things will get back to normal, as I'm pretty sure the reviews and recommendations didn't use to be removed unless they specifically violated their policy.

Note from FB support:

Are they removing the reviews tab from pages altogether? If so, how will "reviews stay?" I mean, I can see them on the page link forward slash reviews for our page, but no one knows to navigate to that.

They've turned our reviews tab off on our page a # of weeks ago, and everytime I turn it back on they turn it off, and reviews aren't showing up on our page anymore.

They've also changed our reviews # to 0 and 0 rating, when we have 40+ reviews and a 5 star rating.

I haven't been able to get anyone to respond to us through support, community, or emailing their support email - how did you get in touch with them?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom