James

Reaction score
Hi - there is a competitior who uses a virtual office (they are not even a competitior when you call the number it goes through to a office who distribute the calls) I reported them as a spam listing a few months ago but its still showing as google looking into it. I tried today changing the name of business to the virtual office to see if that helps.

I wondered if its likely to be removed from maps and also if that would then push it down in the natural normal rankings below the maps? We used a few tools to look into their site and it seems like they are using a pbn and hiding the site with the links on them from tools like ahrefs with the robots.txt.

Thanks for reading

Reaction score
James,

If you attach an image showing the Google Search result in your report, that often helps move things along faster. Also make sure you mark it as "spam" as these are addressed more often.

You can also submit it using the Business Redressal Complaint Form.

You mentioned that you used a few tools to identify that they are using a PBN. Which tools are you using?

James

Reaction score
James,

If you attach an image showing the Google Search result in your report, that often helps move things along faster. Also make sure you mark it as "spam" as these are addressed more often.

You can also submit it using the Business Redressal Complaint Form.

You mentioned that you used a few tools to identify that they are using a PBN. Which tools are you using?

I will submit it there and if nothing happens Ill post a screenshot on it. Ive put the site into ahrefs and a few other backlink checkers but they show very few backlinks. I put it into serped.net and it showed some backlinks but when I looked up those sites in ahrefs it did not have data on the sites. Looking at the sites they block ahrefs but dont block serped.net. I see this a lot when I am fishing for networks, there are a few backlinkg checkers people seem to not think of blocking in their robots/htaccess

I am also interested with the tools you are using, can you please share? Thank you
Yep have a look above

Can you share the listing in question? I'd like to take a look.

Im going to keep it to myself for now as Im actually doing loads of testing in the local niche and dont want to have any seo people getting invovled but Ill share if if I cant get rid of it!

Thanks everyone

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
Z Google Ranks Fake Business Listings Local Search 7
Rich Owings How to report fake/duplicate listing Spam on Google 3
N "Fake" Google Map listings Spam on Google 11
zach.todd Finding listings with fake reviews Local Reviews 3
M Fake Map Listings Auto-Created by Citation Service? Spam on Google 6
djbaxter Marketplace uncovers more than 80 fake Toronto area listings on Google Maps Spam on Google 4
djbaxter Google claims progress on fake business listings on Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
S Multi Fake GMB listings. What evidence is best to send to support my case(s) in redressal form? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
L New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
latin_sydney New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
F Fake Listing [Alert] Local Search 3
Linda Buquet Locksmith Sues Google for Millions for Spam/Fake Local Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Linda Buquet How to Create Fake Google Places Listings - Getting Google's Attention to Stop Spam Google My Business & Google Maps 6
O FAKE LOCKSMITH listings in Chicago Spam on Google 2
Travis Van Slooten "Fake" Addresses for Google Places Listings - What's The Worse That Could Happen? Local Search 13
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 4
Professor M Hi Professor M and not a fake Mike Blumenthal Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 5
C Fake google reviews on google my business Contact Us Messages 2
swmaher Competitor Buying Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
O Garage door fake maps Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tony Wang Fake Reviews - Completely Unsolicited? Local Reviews 2
D 26 GMB Locals - All fake/spam Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Reporting 3 fake reviews...please help Local Reviews 2
Chad Fake, Negative Reviews & Reputation Management - A Personal Experience Recycle Bin 0
MKubot Punishment or Review of Competitor Fake Reviews Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 6
O Explosion of fake maps Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Lachlan_Wells When you accidentally connect your fake location to the wrong client Spam on Google 2
M Fake Reviews/ Possible Lead Gen Company Spam on Google 5
K Fake Google calls Spam on Google 2
ChristianRdz Removing spam/fake reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
sixthcitysarah Is there anything you can do about competitors having fake reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Fake Google Reviews How To Report The Most Effective Way? Spam on Google 1
T Will GMB consider a review placed by a customer who was taken to court for a Judgement recovered by the business as Spam or Fake Comment? Local Reviews 1
JohnS Disgruntled x-employee leaving fake Facebook reviews Local Reviews 4
J Negative Google Reviews that have been hidden behind fake business Moving or Name Changes 10
S Add "fake" joblistings to get nofollow backlinks? Citations 3
F How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Brightlocal: Fake Reviews Statistics Spam on Google 4
djbaxter Fake Product Review Sites: New Type of Spam Exploit in Google Spam on Google 0
djbaxter FTC Rules that Selling Followers and Likes or Posting Fake Reviews is Illegal Local Reviews 8
LocalSEODat How Does a Business Deal with Fake Reviews? Local Reviews 32
O I am getting frustrated from fake maps Google My Business & Google Maps 7
J Fake Yelp Review What Recourse? Local Reviews 5
j_holtslander Tool to scan reviews for fakes? Local Reviews 2
Ewan Kennedy Fake review summaries generated by schema markup Local Reviews 9
O Fake Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Fake Competitor Location Google My Business & Google Maps 7