More threads by barbmcgrath

barbmcgrath

Reaction score
We're working with a local retailer that is an everything-outdoors store. They are similar to Cabella's with camping, fishing, apparel & guns and knives.

Cabella's uses a landing page that links to each of their categories, excluding guns and knives, and is able to run GAds.

Does anyone have specific experience or recommendations in this particular niche?

Tx!

Solution
HI there,

If I am understanding, you want to run Google Ads campaigns for a retailer who sells guns and knives, along with other outdoor products? I think you should be fine running ads to the main website, just don't set the landing page to any page that is selling guns or other dangerous products. Are you having specific issues with the account you can share some details about?

According to Google's guidelines on Dangerous products or services - Advertising Policies Help you should "avoid [dangerous products] in your ads or destinations". I think as long as the ads are not directly selling anything consider dangerous, and you are not setting a destination specific to any dangerous product, you should be good.

See below...
HI there,

If I am understanding, you want to run Google Ads campaigns for a retailer who sells guns and knives, along with other outdoor products? I think you should be fine running ads to the main website, just don't set the landing page to any page that is selling guns or other dangerous products. Are you having specific issues with the account you can share some details about?

According to Google's guidelines on Dangerous products or services - Advertising Policies Help you should "avoid [dangerous products] in your ads or destinations". I think as long as the ads are not directly selling anything consider dangerous, and you are not setting a destination specific to any dangerous product, you should be good.

See below, looks like Cabella's is running ads directly to their homepage, which links to all their guns in the main navigation, and they even mentions shooting/hunting in the description.

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 4.09.20 PM.jpg

Solution
Thanks Elizabeth! :)

When you click the Cabela's ad, it actually goes to a landing page: Cabela's Canada

The client's GAds account was shut down because of what he sells and we're trying to best strategize the work around. Because Cabela's is having luck with a landing page, we are thinking that is our best strategy BUT as a local business he does not have the same team and resources to constantly maintain a whole bunch of landing pages.

Thus the dilemna!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom