More threads by iconic

iconic

Reaction score
I have a business Iconic Tech with two locations in my city of windsor, Iconic Tech West and Iconic Tech East.

East location closed down so I was trying to merge the two accounts into one.

I changed the address of the east location to my west.

Then google instantly removed my west location which had hundreds of reviews with above 4.5 star rating. That account I have had for 20 years and did a lot of seo work with it. Iconic Tech West was my legacy store and main business.

So I sent in a reinstatement form about this case, while I was waiting for a reply google gave me an old account I closed with my old business name for the west location which was called ABC Computers.

The old business account had an invalid phone number and a lot of my customers still know me by that name even though we changed that name 4 years ago. So I decided to change the phone number so at least my customers could call me.

Wanting my customers to still find my store I requested to verify that account. Once the code came in and I tried to change the phone number theGMB account instantly got suspended.

Now im stuck with my original GMB account with hundreds of amazing reviews removed, my closed down East Location still working fine and this suspended account of my old business which we changed the name 4 years ago. I fear that it will hinder my reinstatement process.

Please give me some information on what action steps I can take, I don't know what to do.

Unfortunately you can't do much until Google responds to the reinstatement request, which is currently around 3-4 weeks.

Please help me. I need a consultation.

My GMB account has been deleted and when I sent in my reinstatement form google thought they fixed the problem but my account is still deleted.

To summarize the issue I had two locations one in the east and the other in the west. My east location closed down so when I tried to merge reviews I changed the two locations to the same address and google immediately deleted my GMB account for the West location which was doing well with tons of good reviews and good SEO in my city.

Now I'm stuck with the wrong location and google thinks they solved my issue.
I copied and pasted the reinstatement request below.

-
-
-

Re: Your Request to Google [1-3728000032547]

Hello,
Thank you for contacting Google My Business team.
Your Google My Business listing appears to be live and functioning correctly. If you are still experiencing problems, please reply with a detailed description of the issues you are seeing. It can be helpful to include screenshots of your issue as well.
If you have any further questions please consult the Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Google My Business Support

-
-

What is your name?
Mohamoud Guled

What is the official email address used to manage your Google Business Profile?
sales@iconictech.ca

What is the name of your business?
Iconic Tech

What is the address or service area of your business?
2227 Wyandotte St W

Where do you manage your Business Profile?
I manage by going to business.google.com

What is the URL for your Business's Profile on Google Business Profile?
Update your browser to manage your Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Please provide a phone number we can call to reach you.
CA5198195565

-
-

Please provide additional context for why you believe your account should be reinstated and any action you have taken on the listing:

I had two locations for my store Iconic Tech. My main location at 2227 Wyandotte St W, I operated a computer and cellphone retail and service store for more then 20 years. It was previously called ABC Computers then I renamed it to Iconic Tech and opened up a second location (which is the business profile URL I provided).

Today I was trying to close the account and transfer the remaining reviews of Iconic Tech East located at 4783 Wyandotte St E, Windsor, ON N8Y 1H7 because the store closed down.

I accidentally changed the address to 2227 Wyandotte st W and my original Iconic Tech with my hundreds of reviews was instantly deleted. My google listing of over 20 years vanished and I don't know what to do. All I wanted was to merge both google listings into one.

https://www.yelp.ca/biz/iconic-tech-windsor

https://threebestrated.ca/computer-repair-in-windsor-on

https://nicelocal.ca/windsor/repair/iconic_tech_-_west_-_computers_cell_phone_repair/

These show my old listing. Plz help

GMB_two_locations.jpg

Last edited:
It sounds like you just need Google to reinstate the suspended listing and then you can get support to mark the old address as moved. The way you were doing it is wrong.

We don't do one-off consulting (we are focused more on our monthly SEO clients) if you were looking to hire someone for help but I'd be more than happy to recommend someone who does.

I can help with this project, but in order for me to help you, I will need to bring your listing to adhere to Google's TOS.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom