More threads by PamG

PamG

Solutions
Reaction score
Greetings!
My client (addiction treatment facility) is opening a handful of "sober living homes" near their facility. Trying to figure out how to set up their GMB.
  • There are 4 homes, but it's all one "business" - there is one website, one phone #, etc.
  • The addresses must remain confidential to protect the residents
  • The addiction treatment facility which operates under another name (state requirement)
  • This doesn't fall under the guidelines for a "service area business"

Any advice/guidance on how to set up a GMB without an address? Thanks for your help!

@PamG, I'd suggest setting up only one page. On that page either you'd remove the address after you verify by postcard, or you wouldn't specify one in the first place (see below screenshot), and then you'd specify a "service area" in GMB that covers all 4 homes.

2021-07-16_17-02-36.jpg

If you can't show the address of each of the 4 homes, there's little point in having a GMB page for each. I get that you may want multiple GMB pages on the map, but you'd risk having some of those pages removed, or not being able to verify them.

Now, if you did try to set up all 4, you might be able to get them to stick. It's just not a sure thing. At the very least, you'd want to stagger them, and not create all 4 GMB pages at once.

Either way, you'll need to do work on your non-Google listings, too - on the sites that allow you to hide your address, specify a partial one, or specify a service area:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom