More threads by Butch Flarida

Butch Flarida

Reaction score
Hi @JoyHawkins - My SEO Department does a lot of GMB work for our (mostly) auto dealer clients and we follow your Sterling Sky posts quite a bit. We had a couple of questions we were hoping you might have time to answer, as we thought others might also benefit from it:
  1. When will the GMB paid subscription kick in for all businesses? Will this lead to quicker responses from Support?
  2. When does the Historical call tracking feature for GMB go live in the U.S. ?
  3. Is it possible to retrieve more than 90 days historical data from a GMB? I ask this because a company with a GMB platform claims they have this feature, even when you sign up a new client.
  4. You have probably answered this before in other threads, my apologies, but have you been dealing with phone numbers and categories randomly changing, and at a frequent pace? We have had a few clients with this issue and we did narrow a couple down to platforms like Yext and Chatmeter being connected elsewhere, but some still have no good answer, so we were wondering if these maybe occurring because of Google's Support glitches? We cant get answers from their support...
Want to say I am looking forward to getting the replays from yesterday's Local U Conference, as I was unable to attend yesterday. Thank you, Joy!

When will the GMB paid subscription kick in for all businesses? Will this lead to quicker responses from Support?
I don't think it's coming any time soon. Currently, it's in a very limited test. I only know 1 person who has even seen it in the search results and even they can't see it anymore.
When does the Historical call tracking feature for GMB go live in the U.S. ?
We have this enabled now on a few listings but haven't seen any data yet. I am assuming this is coming really soon.
Is it possible to retrieve more than 90 days historical data from a GMB? I ask this because a company with a GMB platform claims they have this feature, even when you sign up a new client.
Absolutely. You can get up to 18 months. You can get this through Data Studio (we use Jeptco's connector) or you can also check out MapLabs.com, or you can directly download it from GMB.
You have probably answered this before in other threads, my apologies, but have you been dealing with phone numbers and categories randomly changing, and at a frequent pace? We have had a few clients with this issue and we did narrow a couple down to platforms like Yext and Chatmeter being connected elsewhere, but some still have no good answer, so we were wondering if these maybe occurring because of Google's Support glitches? We cant get answers from their support...
Yes, I'm seeing a lot more of this lately. The reason for the update varies based on the case so I'd suggest posting on the GMB forum if you have any specific examples. Please list all the details of what it was and what it's changing to.

I don't think it's coming any time soon. Currently, it's in a very limited test. I only know 1 person who has even seen it in the search results and even they can't see it anymore.

We have this enabled now on a few listings but haven't seen any data yet. I am assuming this is coming really soon.

Absolutely. You can get up to 18 months. You can get this through Data Studio (we use Jeptco's connector) or you can also check out MapLabs.com, or you can directly download it from GMB.

Yes, I'm seeing a lot more of this lately. The reason for the update varies based on the case so I'd suggest posting on the GMB forum if you have any specific examples. Please list all the details of what it was and what it's changing to.
@JoyHawkins Thank you so much!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom