Butch Flarida

Reaction score
Hi @JoyHawkins - My SEO Department does a lot of GMB work for our (mostly) auto dealer clients and we follow your Sterling Sky posts quite a bit. We had a couple of questions we were hoping you might have time to answer, as we thought others might also benefit from it:
  1. When will the GMB paid subscription kick in for all businesses? Will this lead to quicker responses from Support?
  2. When does the Historical call tracking feature for GMB go live in the U.S. ?
  3. Is it possible to retrieve more than 90 days historical data from a GMB? I ask this because a company with a GMB platform claims they have this feature, even when you sign up a new client.
  4. You have probably answered this before in other threads, my apologies, but have you been dealing with phone numbers and categories randomly changing, and at a frequent pace? We have had a few clients with this issue and we did narrow a couple down to platforms like Yext and Chatmeter being connected elsewhere, but some still have no good answer, so we were wondering if these maybe occurring because of Google's Support glitches? We cant get answers from their support...
Want to say I am looking forward to getting the replays from yesterday's Local U Conference, as I was unable to attend yesterday. Thank you, Joy!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
When will the GMB paid subscription kick in for all businesses? Will this lead to quicker responses from Support?
I don't think it's coming any time soon. Currently, it's in a very limited test. I only know 1 person who has even seen it in the search results and even they can't see it anymore.
When does the Historical call tracking feature for GMB go live in the U.S. ?
We have this enabled now on a few listings but haven't seen any data yet. I am assuming this is coming really soon.
Is it possible to retrieve more than 90 days historical data from a GMB? I ask this because a company with a GMB platform claims they have this feature, even when you sign up a new client.
Absolutely. You can get up to 18 months. You can get this through Data Studio (we use Jeptco's connector) or you can also check out MapLabs.com, or you can directly download it from GMB.
You have probably answered this before in other threads, my apologies, but have you been dealing with phone numbers and categories randomly changing, and at a frequent pace? We have had a few clients with this issue and we did narrow a couple down to platforms like Yext and Chatmeter being connected elsewhere, but some still have no good answer, so we were wondering if these maybe occurring because of Google's Support glitches? We cant get answers from their support...
Yes, I'm seeing a lot more of this lately. The reason for the update varies based on the case so I'd suggest posting on the GMB forum if you have any specific examples. Please list all the details of what it was and what it's changing to.

Butch Flarida

Reaction score
I don't think it's coming any time soon. Currently, it's in a very limited test. I only know 1 person who has even seen it in the search results and even they can't see it anymore.

We have this enabled now on a few listings but haven't seen any data yet. I am assuming this is coming really soon.

Absolutely. You can get up to 18 months. You can get this through Data Studio (we use Jeptco's connector) or you can also check out MapLabs.com, or you can directly download it from GMB.

Yes, I'm seeing a lot more of this lately. The reason for the update varies based on the case so I'd suggest posting on the GMB forum if you have any specific examples. Please list all the details of what it was and what it's changing to.
@JoyHawkins Thank you so much!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Some questions with GMB and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
M Setting Up Multiple GMB Question Multi-Location Issues 2
C How to respond to multiple fake or duplicate GMB accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Nicole Basham Success Having Multiple GMB Offers Up Simultaneously? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Adam Humphreys GMB Multiple Business at Location Blocks Edits Moving or Name Changes 3
M Multiple or one GMB Multi-Location Issues 3
J GMB listings for medical practice with multiple doctors Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Tim Colling Tools to upload multiple photos to GMB, one or two per day? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
D Multiple locations on GMB with the same Name and Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
M How to add multiple sites [Services] to GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
DigitalMarketer Business Description & Multiple Location GMB Multi-Location Issues 3
JSammon512 Multiple GMB Profiles Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Kahlert Citations for multiple GMB listings Citations 4
cleverlyengaged Multiple reviews from customers are not displaying on client's GMB profile. Nothing for 9 months. Local Reviews 6
Oliver Keates GMB Listings for multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 1
D Google My Business (GMB) Multiple Doctors & Locations for Same Clinic (with different brands) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Digitaldar How to Report Multiple GMB entries? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Digitaldar Multiple Locations - On Website, Facebook and GMB Local Search 0
Oliver Keates Managing Multiple GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Hammer Auto posting to multiple locations (using GMB post feature) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
N Multiple GMB for Service Area Business Multi-Location Issues 2
N Multiple GMB for Service Area Business Multi-Location Issues 2
L New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
latin_sydney New prospect with multiple location duplicate fake GMB listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
H Ways to track multiple GMB profiles at once? Local Search 5
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Auto Shop w/multiple internal department in GMB name. Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Local Search News Curator Brand New GMB Feature: Add Multiple Owners to GMB Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet GMB Terms of Service Update: Multiple Owners Now Allowed Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J How to Add Logo to Multiple Locations in GMB Help & Support for Google Local 5
RuggedSEO 1 website & 1 GMB page - found in multiple cities for local search results Google My Business & Google Maps 9
hannahmoen "Work" Replacing Business Name on GMB for Business Owner Help & Support for Google Local 1
rich_marlatt Sharing Medical Patient UGC on GMB Post Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H Seems like someone is trying to Steal my clients GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Annika Neudecker Should you use more than 5 GMB categories? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Hammer GMB listing, can't find out who owns or request access All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Professor M Is this new on GMB? Slideshow showing on the About section - Overview Google My Business & Google Maps 0
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
rich_marlatt What is the GMB best practice for moving offices? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
djbaxter Webinar GMB Best Practices for Multi-Location Sites: Live Webinar April 14, 2021 Events 0
WilliamA Free Chrome browser extension for GMB Categories. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
RobertCarnitas Google Posts Live on GMB, But Not Showing in GMB Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
abbiebeltran GMB Verification Postcard Update - What Does 2021 Postcard Look Like? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
NexstarNickR Google Star Rating: LSA vs. GMB All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
N What category should be selected for such business in GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
T GMB Getting suspended after verification. Help & Support for Google Local 4
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1