More threads by klharris08

klharris08

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello SEO World,

Has anybody run into this problem where we spend lots of time to manually put in service menu items and then most of it gets deleted. Image attached. Notice the notification at the top calling out that services were removed. In the image shown, I have the option to accept or deny, for my other services they were just auto-removed. We had added things like "checking account" and "savings account" to the Bank primary category.

Thanks,

2021-01-13_14-59-06.png

A suggestion I'd make after clicking around your website a bit is updating your branch/ATM/office locator to be more structured in the information it's sharing. As a user I found it very confusing to use and to find information about specific branches and that's likely hurting Googlebot's crawling of your location information too. If that isn't easy to find by Google, it's a missed opportunity in increasing the confidence they have in the data you send to them via GMB (and ranking).

For accuracy and rank purposes, Google listing management is best tackled when an ecosystem-like approach is taken. Feed them direct with actively managed data, make sure your site represents same for each location and cover yourself as best you can in their other authoritative data sources (that also have decent traffic opportunities themselves like Yelp).

PS. Don't know if this applies to services suggestions but worth trying to mass reject Google updates in the GMB platform under 'Manage Locations' and then click on the right of your location list to take bulk actions.
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 2.18.36 PM.png

I have not sorted this out but as a "potential" fix I'm building out a way to auto-submit the services constantly through the GMB API and then I'll check to see if submitting them via API makes them stick. It'll be a while before I can test this but I'll report back when I do.

Hmmm on individual branch pages or just your website overall?

- Could be competitor spam

- Could be getting thrown off if you don't list those services on other high authority directories (Yelp) in the data aggregator feeds (Google licenses Data Axle, Neustar)

Definitely something to stay on top of as we've seen services field impact conversion rates on our clients listings.

Hello SEO World,

Has anybody run into this problem where we spend lots of time to manually put in service menu items and then most of it gets deleted. Image attached. Notice the notification at the top calling out that services were removed. In the image shown, I have the option to accept or deny, for my other services they were just auto-removed. We had added things like "checking account" and "savings account" to the Bank primary category.

Thanks,

2021-01-13_14-59-06.png
Hi, have you sorted this out? I have exactly the same issue with a couple of listings. Would love to hear what you've been doing to get this straight. thx

I am having this issue as well with a client with multiple locations. I'm sure it's not manual as this client has lots of locations and it is inconsistent changes between different profiles.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom