More threads by HDMarketing

Reaction score
I have a verified SAB in Naples, FL that I can't get to come up correctly as a Pin on Google Maps. It shows up as a small white pin with a red square rather than the red pin with a white square. I can't figure out why it wont appear correctly? I spoke to a Google Rep and they said everything appeared to be okay with the listing that I just needed to drive more traffic to the page to show Google that it's an active company? Has anyone else experienced this, or know what the white pin means? I've attached an image for reference.

Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 3.52.49 PM.png

Any insight is much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 3.52.49 PM.png

Sorry, but not enough info for me to replicate.

What were you searching when you got that? Brand search or KW search? Specific query?

And it looks like new maps, correct?

And sidenote - I think that name is a violation?

I just did a search for Handyman in that area and see the same listings you do.
But for me your client is a red circle exactly like the others.

So I'm guessing it's some kind of personalization only you can see?
Maybe you followed or starred or something?

@HDMarketing

The red dots denote a business that ranks top-10 (in Maps) for a search term that you just typed in. House Doctors apparently doesn't rank top-10 for whatever search term you typed in, which is why its dot is gray.

Why do some dots have squares in them while others have a little symbol (e.g. shopping bag or knife + fork)? Well, because Google doesn't have cutesy little icons for every type of business. The harder-to-categorize ones just get a generic square in their map dot.

Thanks so much for the input. The name of the business has been a huge topic of discussion recently. Do you think dropping the "of Naples FL" would make it less of a violation?

Since House Doctors is a national franchise, the geographic qualifiers were added to the name to distinguish them from one another. On the other hand, House Doctors Handyman is our official name (and without handyman in the name some mistake the brand for actual doctors). So, I'm assuming we should drop one or the other?

Oh then if Handyman is part of official name, then adding city as a single descriptor is officially allowed. But I have never thought it was a great idea. AND if a moderator looked at that it would look like 2 descriptors I think.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom