More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
As most of you are aware Google has been struggling with publishing photos that were uploaded in the dashboard for way too long. I used Twitter support to complain about it last week and today support was able to push the photos out.
Tweet

I hope this helps everyone to resolve their issue.

DM 1.PNG

dm 2.PNG

As most of you are aware Google has been struggling with publishing photos that were uploaded in the dashboard for way too long. I used Twitter support to complain about it last week and today support was able to push the photos out.
Tweet

I hope this helps everyone to resolve their issue.

DM 1.PNG

dm 2.PNG

I am having issues. I deleted photos. Geotagged them and uploaded. They would not appear. Google said to resize them. I've done that. Nothing. Now they want me to provide a storefront photo. Seems like they are fishing. They also suggested i delete my address and go with service based listing. Not doing that. Please help.

First off, GEO tagging is not a thing. Google can read and detect images without it. Deleting your photos so you could do that, reset all of your historical data and views. If you don't hide your address and adhere to Google's TOS, your listing will be suspended. Since you don't have signage of your business Google support is telling you to hide the address and mark it as a Service Area Business (SAB). There are not fishing and telling you the truth. You have a certain amount of time to comply or have your listing removed for TOS violations.

I'm aware of service area business is and TOS for Google. I've had my listings online now through GMB for a period of 3 years. No issues. Why are my photos now not appearing? Be aware that I did take one of my listings and identified it as a SAB however that too did not fix my photo problem

It has been well documented that Google has been experiencing issue with owner uploaded photos for over a year now. The only way to solve the issue is to contact support. You contacted support and they are trained to check the validity of a listing prior to offering help. They have deemed that your listing is in violation and needs to adhere to their TOS in order to remain in Google. If you corrected your listing and are now in compliance, contact support again to fix the photo issue.

LDG, is Google telling you to resize the photos or remove them?

Started with deleting the geotag.
Then resize. Manual pushes on their end in both cases did not result in photos publishing.

Now they are requesting that i provide a photo of my storefront. I will do that but something tells me that has nothing to do with the issue. Understand adherence to TOS, etc.

Note that posts work fine - video and photos.

You are correct, Google requesting a storefront photo or making you hide your address has nothing to do with the photos not showing. Its two different issues entirely. Support will not fix or assist your photo issue while they are under the impression that the listing is in violation and needs to be removed from maps.
I was curious if they required that you remove them as well. Thank you for confirming that, it will help other users from having to remove them as well.

So did they state that the geotagged photos needed to be removed bc of formatting issue as that is what was causing the issue or that geotagging was in violation of their TOS? I am trying to understand what all transpired since lot of people ask about or suggest Geotagging as a form of SEO.

No, geotagging was not violating TOS.

90% of my home inspectors in my area use their home address. I would be very disappointed if I were suspended. Highly rated, posts, etc. Plus my marketing budget is exclusive to Google. Highly skeptical about converting to a SAB given what I've heard about drops in ranking etc.

Do I take my chances?? Tried to get help on photos now I'm on a watchlist - LOL. My biz is anything but spam. If I lose google I go out of business in a month.

I am having this same issue on ,multiple clients. Logos are uploaded to spec and not appearing on listings. Photos of business same. We have gone through Twitter support for the one client for weeks on end. Same explantation--wait 24-48 hours. They dont show up. Now saying its a tech issue

Another client same issue. Separate dashboards. Google support has gone to crap recently. Very frustrated

My new photos are not displayed either. I contacted support on Twitter, they said they had refreshed photos and process may take 24-48 hours. Three weeks have passed and the pictures are still not visible. I notice that freshly taken pictures from smartphone display correctly, some raw photos downloaded from Internet also display correctly. Processed photos in GIMP are not displayed in Google Search and Maps, they are visible only in GMB app, panel and website.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom