More threads by AndySimpson

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Since the launch of the new "visual" Google Home products, I have been interested to see how the GMB results are displayed.

Using the new Google Home Hub I carried out a very quick demonstration to show you what is/isn't displayed when searching for "Pizza near me".

Note:
  • The three pack is a 10 pack that slides from right to left
  • There is no paid advertising / Google Ads
  • Displays photos but not video (video is supported on the hub)
  • You cannot click on reviews to display more
  • Directions open on Google maps - you can zoom in and directions will be sent to your phone
  • No link to the website
  • No posts, services/menu, reviews, about option tabs
  • Cannot contact the business in any way

I know this is the very first iteration of GMB on the Google Home Hub so it will be interesting to see how it grows over the coming months.

Thanks for sharing! I've been curious, but not curious enough to buy one, haha

I would imagine the website isn't available because there's no built in web browser as of yet. Knowing Google, it won't be long before Chrome is integrated though.

Thanks for sharing! I've been curious, but not curious enough to buy one, haha

I would imagine the website isn't available because there's no built-in web browser as of yet. Knowing Google, it won't be long before Chrome is integrated though.

Good question Cherie, there is a "browser" functionality of types. When a featured snippet is displayed and the site referenced at the bottom you can click through to the site. You are restricted to just that site and cannot navigate away unless you follow an external link (I'll actually test this and let you know).

Does the ranking match mobile or desktop rankings?

Mobile rankings Joshua, totally location based as the device knows exactly my / the users location (set during the set-up process). So when I do a "near me" I know it's exactly that.

Mobile rankings Joshua, totally location based as the device knows exactly my / the users location (set during the set-up process). So when I do a "near me" I know it's exactly that.

Did you check it against your mobile phone's ranking for the same term?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom