More threads by Aly Kurtz

Aly Kurtz

Reaction score
Anyone know why, even thought we have the email notifications turned on for questions and answers, we are not receiving these alerts? We have over 200 business profiles in our account and I don't think we have ever once received an email alerting us of a posted Q or A. Does this alert notification option even work? Looking for someone who has either experienced the same thing or might have a hack for making this work.

Hi Aly,

Email notifications typically stop being sent out once your account reaches one hundred locations.

Is Q&A the only notification you're not receiving? Are you receiving notifications for reviews, posts and when data gets updated on a listing?

Hi Colan,

Thanks for the response!

In regards to the account we use to manage all of those locations, no, I never thought about it before, but you're right. We don't receive any notifications to that email.

However, I have a couple of clients attached to my personal work email so I have about ten in my own account. It seems to be really hit or miss getting notifications for those accounts. One of my clients received a review three days ago and I never got an alert. However, two days ago, another one of those clients got a review and I was alerted. Never have I received a Google Q&A alert.

Any thoughts?

The Q&A alerts are pretty hit-and-miss from my experience.

There is a workaround for scenarios where you have over a hundred locations to still get notifications. The trick was recently added to Joy's expert guide to local SEO.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out I highly recommend it. It's a required investment for any local SEO team in my opinion.

The trick was recently added to Joy's expert guide to local SEO.

If you haven't had a chance to check it out I highly recommend it. It's a required investment for any local SEO team in my opinion.

+1 for this assessment. It's a terrific resource and well worth the investment. 🚀

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom