More threads by barbmcgrath

barbmcgrath

Reaction score
This is follow-up to the question in the Facebook group here:

I'll see if I can provide more context to the situation.

Our client has/had a GBP. He and his service provider had access.
-the service provider disappeared
-his (the client's) email address was hacked and he lost access
-the address on the listing is/was hidden

We tried to claim the listing but with the address hidden, the "claim" process kicks us out to the "create a new listing" process.

We created a new listing and shared it with the client.

We requested Google allow us to claim the old listing and/or merge the listings to save the reviews.

Google replied letting us know that some listings cannot be claimed. That's it.
"Not all profiles can be claimed. We regret any inconvenience."

I replied and explained the above. They did not respond.
I replied again. No response.

Thoughts anyone? Done this a million times with little bumps along the way but this time it is really bumpity! :)

If the category doesn't match on the listings, sometimes they won't merge them. Is that the case here? Does the phone number and website match?

Pleased to report this finally worked out!

Google continued to say it could not be done but for some unknown reason when I pointed out to them that everything was the same on the 2 listings, they were suddenly willing to merge the two, transfer the reviews and clean it up.

Crazy! @JoyHawkins if you & your team did anything; thank you!

The client thanked us by terminating our services!!! ha ha ha

Barb

Both are listed as a general contractor, linked to the https:// version of their website and phone numbers match as well. :(

I did get an email today asking for my first born :))) so will try to work through that and see if I make progress.

I'll update soon.

Barb

If they're asking for the first born child, it probably means progress ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom