More threads by seaniaaa

seaniaaa

Reaction score
Hello all. I very very clearly remember multiple sources confirming that GBP users with multiple locations would NOT be forced to manage businesses on Search or Maps. I very specifically combed through all the information coming out around the shutdown of the GMB app to make sure, since this would greatly impact how we do business. We are now being automatically redirected to Search whenever we select a listing on the GBP manager. Our locations are ungrouped. Any tips for getting this to stop? Is the only choice to set up an agency account? Do location groups stop it? Any feedback is appreciated. This was an overnight switch that hit us out of nowhere in the last few days. And we have over a thousand individual verified listings in our account. Many are individual businesses but there are plenty with multiple locations.

Okay, I have a new question no one has asked yet: where the **** do you get Google Support in this SERP dashboard? I don't want to, but I'm worried google will eliminate all the workarounds (add "edit the url by replacing dashboard with edit", btw) before I've figured this out.

Okay, I have a new question no one has asked yet: where the **** do you get Google Support in this SERP dashboard? I don't want to, but I'm worried google will eliminate all the workarounds (add "edit the url by replacing dashboard with edit", btw) before I've figured this out.
I just use this link. Sign in - Google Accounts

or you can click the three little dots next to the listing on SERP and click 'Help & Support' then scroll to the bottom and click 'Contact Us'

To whom it may concern, sad news to report. For us at least, it appears Google has patched the "add photo" workaround to get to the old profile manager. We are now redirected to the public facing photos page on the listing when we click it. *Taps fades in softly*

I'm finding if I click on the Home button it take me to search page. If I only right click open new tab on a section it stays on dashboard. (for now)

I wonder what the drop off rate will be by forcing this change. Will it put many people off from regular updates and DIY business owners will focus elsewhere?

chrome_r6184MKO9S.png

I'm finding if I click on the Home button it take me to search page. If I only right click open new tab on a section it stays on dashboard. (for now)

I wonder what the drop off rate will be by forcing this change. Will it put many people off from regular updates and DIY business owners will focus elsewhere?

chrome_r6184MKO9S.png

After my last post, I'm finding it varies listing by listing. But they're definitely working on shutting this workaround down sadly. Use it while you can!

I also found a way to open the old profile view straight from the dashboard for all our profiles.

1. Install this plugin for chrome Redirector
  2. Set up with these settings
    Zrzut ekranu 2022-11-04 231326.jpg

Example URL: https://business.google.com/dashboard/l/00000000000
    Include pattern: https://business.google.com/dashboard/l/*
    Redirect to: https://business.google.com/posts/l/$1
  3. In the panel, right-click the profile title and select "Open link in new tab"

We are in the old panel and we can navigate through it. Don't just click on the "Home Page"

Based on everything Google has said, the old interface isn't coming back. They are open to suggestions for things you find difficult in the new interface (like someone pointed out you can't crop photos in posts). If you have a feature you want them to add, I can let them know.

Hey Joy, the Booking menu icon does not reliably appear even when a client has Appointment links loaded across all of their listings. Am I missing something?

2022-11-16_10-15-56.jpg

Hey Joy, the Booking menu icon does not reliably appear even when a client has Appointment links loaded across all of their listings. Am I missing something?

2022-11-16_10-15-56.jpg

I don't think you are, or if so, we're both overlooking the same thing. I noticed the exact same issue.

Interesting development over here. For a while there, the "add photo" workaround wasn't working very often, then it started to work more frequently. Today, I've been greeted by a new configuration. It seems like they've realized users like the old photo interface on GBP manager much better than on Search/Maps so they threw us a bone. But, they've edited the menu to block you from jumping over to the info tab in GBP manager.

1670351707154.jpg

Interesting development over here. For a while there, the "add photo" workaround wasn't working very often, then it started to work more frequently. Today, I've been greeted by a new configuration. It seems like they've realized users like the old photo interface on GBP manager much better than on Search/Maps so they threw us a bone. But, they've edited the menu to block you from jumping over to the info tab in GBP manager.
I think it's more that it's impossible to change photo categories or to upload photos in some categories, and it's (presumably) hard to code in the stupid NMX (possibly also, gets around the uplaods-not-completing bug). The Google website also uses the same interface now.

I see as of this morning for us, all of the workarounds to use the profile manager are gone. A few things like switching to primary owner are not very user friendly. With thousands of profiles to manage, this is slowing our team down substantially.

I see as of this morning for us, all of the workarounds to use the profile manager are gone. A few things like switching to primary owner are not very user friendly. With thousands of profiles to manage, this is slowing our team down substantially.

same! Just handling the Google suggestions from the account dashboard is a complete nightmare!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom