More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
Came across this problem and I'm not sure how to proceed or even if it's possible to force an update but here goes:

Bridal gown company has their Google Business Profile showing incorrect information — it says they sell "off the rack dresses" but they apparently do not and they are not sure where this info is coming from. This verbiage does not appear anywhere on the site.
1680106835548.jpg

But if you do an exact search for that sentence a low quality directory listing shows up in the index (for their business):

1680106740824.jpg

But if you click through that listing does not use that verbiage anywhere on the page nor is it hidden in meta/source code:

The owner feels that the "off the rack" wording is affecting her business because she's more of a high-end, custom gowns bridal shop. How can she get this info updated/corrected. My initial advice was to update homepage content, title tags/meta descriptions, and GBP descriptions with wording more specific to her business. I also recommended updating her major social media and directories. That said, the GBP is almost certainly pulling that sentence/descriptor from that directory and how can that be fixed? It's not an editable part of the GBP.

Solution
The sentence you are referring to is called a "business summary" and Google writes those automatically and they cannot be edited by the owner. More info on them here.

If you’d like to report a description for being incorrect, contact Google here so they can review it. There is no other way to "fix" that and as far as I know it's next to impossible to influence.
The sentence you are referring to is called a "business summary" and Google writes those automatically and they cannot be edited by the owner. More info on them here.

If you’d like to report a description for being incorrect, contact Google here so they can review it. There is no other way to "fix" that and as far as I know it's next to impossible to influence.

Solution

Thank you for responding — I figured it would be impossible or next to impossible to 'fix' but was hoping maybe I was wrong.

Contact support and see if they can help! If it's factually incorrect information they may be inclined to help get it changed. Good luck!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom