jvaquino

Reaction score
Good Day,

Can someone give me an advice on what action will I do on this problem. Thanks in advance! Here is the problem:

I have this AC Repair client in Humble TX. I created a now verified their Google MyBusiness Page and everything is correct until my client noticed that the pin marker on the live page is incorrect. I checked the backend and even did a Google map search of his business and saw that the marker is in the correct place.

I am thinking to contact support, but because I am not updated of the latest changes on Google MyBusiness, I tried moving the marker on the back end even if it is correct (just tiny drag and drop). And the worst thing happen is it trigger postcard verification (sigh), because we just got the PIN when we created it and now we requested another PIN. I dunno that moving the marker triggers the verification, before you can move the marker anywhere you want without doing any verification.

mborgelt

Reaction score
Contact support, They can sometimes address issues like this and update your location on a map.

You may also want to try updating the listing using MapMaker

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Ya I'm thinking if it's set up correctly Google already hid address.

If thats the case, the marker will not be correct and should not be. It will be in the middle of the service area depending on how it's set up.

Is address showing? It should not be. It's violation if it is. Unless staffed full time for walk in traffic and commercial office.

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
Commercial locations that are open to the public and staffed during business hours are not required to select the option to hide their address. Google may at their own discretion choose to override those settings.

---------- Post Merged at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Oh, sorry Linda. Guess that's what you said.

jvaquino

Reaction score
Here is the G+ listing so you guys can personally check it https://plus.google.com/103330111662360524146/about

Google Maps 2014-06-28 13-54-55.png

Google Maps 2014-06-28 13-54-55.png

Keenan Glass

Reaction score
I used to live right down the street so I know that area very well. Still remember shooting fireworks in the field next to business just couple of years ago, good times.

If the marker is showing correctly inside the GMB Dashboard when you open the address edit section, then making the edit there is probably not the right place.

I made an edit via Edit Details, that's really the preferred step prior to contacting support. It creates a work report for the team to look at.

Let's see what happens.

jvaquino

Reaction score
I made an edit via Edit Details, that's really the preferred step prior to contacting support. It creates a work report for the team to look at.

Let's see what happens.

Thanks Keenan! I will definitely try that!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Incorrect Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
CoRichardson Incorrect "Located in" Description in Client's Knowledge Panel Help & Support for Google Local 13
W *URGENT* Business incorrectly labeled as "duplicate listing." MY BUSINESS WILL CLOSE IF UNRESOLVED!! Contact Us Messages 1
virens Reporting SABs incorrectly set up with fixed addresses Spam on Google 12
ianscott Incorrect Business Names/Duplicate Listings - When To Escalate To Spam Report? Spam on Google 1
L Incorrect Directions Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Incorrect duplicate notification - views on best way to proceed? Google Duplicates & Merges 10
AMF Incorrect Data Being Reported by D&B and YEXT. Citations 7
B Incorrect Brand Knowledge Panel appearing for branded queries Help & Support for Google Local 0
L Updated google street view image for listing which is incorrect Local Search 8
KevinWag Leaving incorrect citations alone? Citations 5
Tim Colling Client's former web dev agency portfolio contains incorrect citation data Local Search 2
J Incorrect Google Summary on Business Page - no resolution Google My Business & Google Maps 4
J Incorrect City for Google Points of Interest Carousel Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Questions about use of incorrect (but actually correct) postcode NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
davidcharles Questions about use of incorrect (but actually correct) postcode NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 0
A Knowledge Graph - Incorrect NAP Reviews Local Search 1
Nick Rink Maps / G+ search goes to incorrect business Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Hours display incorrect on mobile phone? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Andrew Polanski Hours display incorrect on mobile phone? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Linda Buquet Major Problems with Incorrect NAP Data for Local Businesses Local Search 3
J Google + Local Address for Service Area Business Showing up Incorrect Service Area Businesses 1
J Google + Local Address for Service Area Business Showing up Incorrect Service Area Businesses 1
Susan Walsh Where do we report incorrect information and duplicate listing? Help & Support for Google Local 6
Elicia Clic Took off an incorrect review, now the places page won't show! Help & Support for Google Local 4
M client G + account signed up incorrectly under my own account Help & Support for Google Local 3
R Map pin and get directions discrepancy Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Vickyboli Google maps pin misplaced Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Ryan Steinolfson How do you get the business name to show up next to the map pin? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
K Without searching the business, looking for my business pin Local Search 1
Aly Kurtz Removing map pin that isn't linked to a GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 0
K Map Pin Does Not Show When Business Owner Googles Their Address Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Green Map Pin Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A No More PIN Attempts - Reverification! Local Search 2
Aly Kurtz Map Pin Issue Help & Support for Google Local 3
Jeffrey Google Maps Pin Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Not getting a PIN on Maps when I browse Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JoyHawkins New 3-Pack Format With a Green Pin? Google News: Important Changes & Features 8
officialryguy1 Hospital/Healthcare Map Pins Multi-Location Issues 0
KevinWag Exposing address make a difference in getting map pin for SABs? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
T HELP: Missing Pin Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M GMB / Maps Pins New Look Local Search 1
G Adding Roads, Editing Road Names & Moving Pins in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 3
PaulSteinbrueck Maps listings don't match pins? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Eric Marshall Pin Marker in Parking Lot Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Tim Sweeney Map Pin Featuring Logo Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M Adding 2 Pins On Map Multi-Location Issues 0
M Adding 2 Pins On Map Multi-Location Issues 0