More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
The Local Search Forum is happy to share a new platform by Persuaded.io.

Ranking Grids

The ranking grids are fast, accurate, and affordable. Some factors that separate the grid function from others include:
  • Custom scanning points: In addition to grids, place pin by pin anywhere you like.
  • Points over water are removed automatically, so you're not paying to scan a lake, or the ocean.
  • Scan pins return more than 1 page of results, so you'll see rankings from position 1 - 40.
  • See the grid from the perspective of any business returned, not just the originally searched business.
  • Presentation mode makes it easy to white-label the grids.
  • Flexible scan scheduling, including emailed reports on ranking fluctuations
  • Start scans and retrieve results using the API.
Here's a good example of a grid placement, as it shows how pins over water are stripped away, as well as
how results are pulling deeper from page 2, not just stopping at page 1.

grids.png

You can schedule your scans.

schedule.png

The app also makes it easy to organize and find your previous scans.

scans (1).png

Persuaded.io also aims to be a complete local SEO platform for competitive analysis, so it includes features beyond rank tracking.

• The spam tracking feature discovers listings using virtual offices, residential addresses, and P.O. boxes. (Available for U.S. addresses only for now)
  • Detailed report includes all GMB categories for all local listings, as well as website title tags, claimed/unclaimed status, and more.
  • Backlink data for competitor websites.

Lately, the app is also expanding into more kinds of data, like backlinks. This is a breakdown of links earned/lost over time for one listing website.

earnedlost.png

You can find the app at https://app.persuaded.io.

Always happy to answer any questions you might have! Please ask any questions you have right here at the Local Search Forum.

This has been another installment in the Local Search Forum promoted post series.

Among the tools available for gathering this data, this one looks pretty awesome. I like the scheduling, the look of the grids, and the spam detection feature. Well done Persuaded.io team!

Hey Jon, thanks, I appreciate it! We're always thinking of new ways to automate processes and give our users a boost in the local SEO space.

Thanks Matheo! It works internationally. There are quite a few users from Spain and some from Japan, so that aspect has been pretty well tested.

Hey Johnny, first of all thank you! The numbers represent the Google Maps spot that the business occupies, when searched from that precise location. So a business might be shown at the very top, if you searched from nearby, but as you move further away, the proximity part of the Google algorithm kicks in, and that same business is shown much lower down the page.

Proximity is such an important factor in local search that representing rankings as a grid has some advantages. Many rank trackers operate at a zip code level, but that can skew results when rankings sometimes change depending on city block. The Persuaded.io tracker supports flexible grids, so you can use a square grid, or make up a grid point by point.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit!

Thanks, you for letting me know. This is a huge tool that will help immeasurably. If I may, I belong to Facebook Groups. This is a tool that they may be willing to promote. just an idea.

Hey Johnny, first of all thank you! The numbers represent the Google Maps spot that the business occupies, when searched from that precise location. So a business might be shown at the very top, if you searched from nearby, but as you move further away, the proximity part of the Google algorithm kicks in, and that same business is shown much lower down the page.

Proximity is such an important factor in local search that representing rankings as a grid has some advantages. Many rank trackers operate at a zip code level, but that can skew results when rankings sometimes change depending on city block. The Persuaded.io tracker supports flexible grids, so you can use a square grid, or make up a grid point by point.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit!
Hi Zack, the site has been very useful. I tried to buy more credits but could not. Is the business still functioning or am I missing something?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom