Conor Treacy

Reaction score
There are a few different extensions for gathering the GMB Category (GMB Everywhere for example), but is there one for getting the Services or Products listed by a competitor?

Initially, I was looking for something to track internally as it seems service descriptions get edited or new services are added (someone internally accepts all edits) but we don't catch that they've done that. Then I was thinking about competition and if they have service or products listed out in their GBP profiles.

Does anyone have thoughts? Javascript/Python scripts to run against an API to extract data maybe?

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know of one that does this. Services would be tricky because they only show a list of them on mobile.

Conor Treacy

Reaction score
I don't know of one that does this. Services would be tricky because they only show a list of them on mobile.

Ah, I didn't even notice that.

Just brought it up on my phone and I can get the list of all services and the descriptions added to the services (even for competition).

Now I just need to figure out if there's an API or do I go down the dirty road of scraping :)

The URL has a "lkt-LocalPoiServices" parameter, so I'm off to do some digging!

WilliamA

Solutions
Reaction score
@Conor Treacy

Interesting discussion here. Was wondering if you were able to find a solution to this?

I see that Service data is not on the mobile app for all businesses and that it is not there on mobile web version of the map. So was wondering?

Would be interesting to see if you were able to find some way around this?

Conor Treacy

Reaction score
Would be interesting to see if you were able to find some way around this?

Not yet. With Joy's notice that it was on the mobile end of things, I've been able to highlight and copy info, but I've not created any scrape script as of yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Most UpVoted Answers

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom