More threads by Chris_Tax

Chris_Tax

Banned
Reaction score
My website keeps moving down to competitor directory listings for local SEO. I leave do follow back links and anchor text links?

Hey Chris, not sure I understand your question 100%. Could you please rephrase?

Hey Chris,

I agree that we need a bit more information. Specifically, which directories are you noticing the drop? And I'm also not understanding your question about links...

You google my key words "Income Tax Fillmore" My website is number five. The ones above me are directory listings.

A screenshot of the result would help us out here.

Thx.
Got some keyword stuffing on your GMB listing, but let's ignore that for now.

Same keywords, your site is #3 organic for me.

Lot's of things can be done here, but one quick answer.. get more content on the home page. Actually, all the pages are pretty weak.

Web content is the textual, visual, or aural content that is encountered as part of the user experience on websites. It may include—among other things—text, images, sounds, videos, and animations,

How do I keep it simple and include this in my website?

Thanks

Chris

Add at least a paragraph or two about what you do and the services you offer.

Hey Chris, Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with the others. More content is definitely needed site wide. Each page should have at least 300-400 words that fully answer the searcher's question, and that content needs to be optimized using current SEO best practices for on page optimization. More words may be needed if the competition warrants it. Each search query is in fact a question that someone is asking - even if it's only one word. In order to be relevant as a result, your website needs to answer that question better than anyone else.

Images help with conversion and engagement of humans. Google bots need to have the text to crawl, so a well balanced combination is needed. If you struggle with writing copy, then I suggest hiring an experienced freelance SEO writer. If that's not in your budget, then I highly recommend taking a writing course or two. Alan Sharpe has some great ones that helped me a lot.

Good luck!

I had reduced the number of words on my website about 3 weeks ago. This caused a major decline on local SEO. I spent this morning adding more words. Hopefully this will increase my content

Chris

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom