More threads by Digitaldar

Reaction score
I have a client with a bricks and mortar storefront (as well as ecommerce).
That location had to close due to fire.
Their inventory is stored in a local warehouse, which they are currently using as their address in GMB since they cannot bring customers into the previous store. The kicker is that this is a warehouse address, not available to the retail public.

People are showing up at the warehouse only to realize that they cannot shop there.

The store has a ton of fantastic reviews in GMB which they do not want to lose. Reopening is at least a year away.

What would be the best practice on how to handle their GMB?
  1. Use the warehouse address - we see that people are showing up there. Maybe we could use the Covid-19 alert/info to let people know this is a temporary location and not open to the public?
  2. Keep the retail address and note it as temporarily closed - people won't realize right away that they can shop online
  3. Keep the retail address but use postings/announcements/whatever is available in Google to make people realize the store is temporarily closed but the website is open (actually if I recall they may not be able to use posts due to the industry they are in. I'll have to double check)
  4. other?

Do they sell their products online or offer services at a customer's location? In either case, you should remove the address which effectively hides it from search, making the business a service area business. The address should not be shown if the business does not have people come to the location.

You can make a post and add content to the website explaining when they will open the storefront back up.

That is an idea I did not think of. They sell products online at current time.

Do they sell their products online or offer services at a customer's location? In either case, you should remove the address which effectively hides it from search, making the business a service area business. The address should not be shown if the business does not have people come to the location.

You can make a post and add content to the website explaining when they will open the storefront back up.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom