More threads by Aly Kurtz

Aly Kurtz

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any experience or success with moving map pins for addresses on Google Maps? I have a client whose GMB map pin accurately represents where their business is located. However, the map pin for their address on Google is in the wrong spot. Anyone who uses their knowledge panel to get directions can find the business, but if a customer types the address into Google Maps to get directions, they are taken to the wrong spot. I have reported the address map pin so many times over the last three months, and even from different Google accounts, but nothing has happened. I tried talking to Google My Business support about it and they said they couldn't help me, and the same with the Google Maps API team. Everone just said to keep reporting it. However, nothing is happening. Any suggestions or advice?
1574169869785.png

You can try sending feedback to Google by scrolling all the way to the bottom of your search results page. Make sure the inaccurate address is pulled up on your screen. Click Send Feedback found at the footer of Google. See attached screenshot. You will then be prompted to take a screenshot of your issue and describe what you are experiencing. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 10.42.54 AM.png

If it's local to you, I would drive there using Google Maps and then report it as incorrect.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom