More threads by caseytoni12

caseytoni12

Reaction score
My client has 16 unique locations but one 800 number will they be able to open 16 different gmbs

Solution
Yes. Same phone number for all locations is no problem. A local number for each location would be marginally better for conversions, because people like to see an area code they're familiar with, but there is no negative ranking impact to using the same number.
Yes. Same phone number for all locations is no problem. A local number for each location would be marginally better for conversions, because people like to see an area code they're familiar with, but there is no negative ranking impact to using the same number.

Solution

Thank You 😊

@whitespark I'm auditing a potential client with multiple franchise locations. I noticed that two locations in the same state and city are using the same phone number. I always thought that Google did not allow that but could be possible when forwarding calls? Is there any information on Google support about this?

Hi @Claudia. I am not a GBP Product Expert, so I'm not 100% certain about this, but as far as I know, there is no specific guideline that says you CAN'T use the same phone number on multiple locations.

It is usually advised to use different phone numbers and for those numbers to be local numbers because:
  1. A local number is better for conversions (people prefer to call the actual location rather than a call center)
  2. Having the same phone number can sometimes cause merges, and that's a mess you want to avoid if you can.
Here are the guidelines (I added the underline for "whenever possible"):

1675885420308.jpg

Any Product Experts out there have anything to add? cc @Colan Nielsen @JoyHawkins

Hi @Claudia. I am not a GBP Product Expert, so I'm not 100% certain about this, but as far as I know, there is no specific guideline that says you CAN'T use the same phone number on multiple locations.

It is usually advised to use different phone numbers and for those numbers to be local numbers because:
  1. A local number is better for conversions (people prefer to call the actual location rather than a call center)
  2. Having the same phone number can sometimes cause merges, and that's a mess you want to avoid if you can.
Here are the guidelines (I added the underline for "whenever possible"):

1675885420308.jpg

Any Product Experts out there have anything to add? cc @Colan Nielsen @JoyHawkins

Thank you for sharing this. I knew it was important but I wanted Google's support page to back it up.

I don't recommend using an 800 number or sharing numbers at all. It causes more headaches and hassles. You can port the numbers to one main number using a call tracking service like call rail. Some citation vendors won't allow you to create citations if everyone shares the same number.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom