More threads by davidcantswim

davidcantswim

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been wondering about Neeva and how it will go in the world of search. I'm hearing that Apple will use it as their search engine of choice.... Lots of possibilities

Thoughts
David

Not a chance. A paid, ad free search engine? I am highly skeptical this will take off.

If anything, Apple Spotlight will integrate with DuckDuckGo who's Map platform they already power. DuckDuckGo services 80m queries a day and is quickly growing. They've done the hard work of building the indexer, just needs more traffic now and 1 BD or CD move from Apple will change the game.

That sounds highly unlikely to me. Why would Apple want to use a paid search engine? Why would anybody? And it's not even actually new: it's based on Bing Search.

For those who don't know what it is:

Neeva is an ad-free search engine that requires a subscription to use. It can be linked to personal accounts like Microsoft Office, Dropbox, or Google. Outside of just searching the web, users are also able to search their personal documents such as emails, presentations, and more.

The search engine is not being built from the ground up and will rely on Bing search results. It will also pull in data from different sources such as weather.com, Apple Maps, and Intrinio stocks.

I'd be surprised if this lasts a year....

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom