More threads by patrick6411

patrick6411

Reaction score
One per brand, plus one for entire dealership, plus one for sales and one for the parts department
Can someone explain this to me? I myself have a service business but have to divisions and find this interesting.

Hi Patrick!

As a car dealer, you're eligible to run multiple GMB´s. One GMB per car brand you're known for, one GMB for your entire dealership, one GMB for parts, and one for the service department.
This works for authorized new car dealers only, not used car dealers.
Also, that doesn't apply to other industries. There are a few other exceptions though.

Here´s an overview of what needs to be done to get this system up & running:

Can someone explain this to me? I myself have a service business but have to divisions and find this interesting.
Patrick,

For other businesses (not car dealers) the Guidelines provide some guidance on departments: Guidelines for representing your business on Google - Google My Business Help

In general, if a department functions more-or-less like an independent business (features such as different name, phone number, hours, category, and unique entrance) it can have its own GMB.

Areas within a department store that are just created through floorplan layout are not eligible for their own GMB listing.

Finally, as a service business, you obviously can't have departments as described in the guidelines. However, you can verify two different service businesses at the same location. They will need to be genuinely independent businesses serving different categories, with different phone numbers, different websites, etc. And in the event that a listing was suspended, having two different business licenses would be the best evidence that the two were independent.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom