More threads by Jay_SEO

Jay_SEO

Reaction score
When I search for “urgent care” from various ZIP codes, I see that beneath the ads and the map pack that Google has added an “Online care” box (see image).

Does anyone know what triggers which locations get listed in that box? Not all that I checked appear to have structured data that will allow for rich snippets (though most do), so I don’t think that’s the trigger.

I appreciate any information anyone can provide.

online-care-serp-question-for-local-search-forum.png

This looks to be completely unrelated to GMB listings, and more likely a direct partnership with Google. I am seeing the same in California: https://www.google.com/onlinecare?care_type=immediatecare&query_type=in_person&subdivision=US-CA&expanded=true

404 error for the link above ~ @djbaxter

I imagine the healthcare provider would have to be in touch with the Google Health team in order to be included. I don't think they're scraping this information. Based on what I can see, these are integrations with telehealth providers that don't have physical locations. This could be Google's way of surfacing online-only practices during a local query to compete.

These are the options i'm given:

I get a 404 when clicking your link, Krystal....very interested in this...

This looks to be completely unrelated to GMB listings, and more likely a direct partnership with Google. I am seeing the same in California: https://www.google.com/onlinecare?care_type=immediatecare&query_type=in_person&subdivision=US-CA&expanded=true

404 error for the link above ~ @djbaxter

I imagine the healthcare provider would have to be in touch with the Google Health team in order to be included. I don't think they're scraping this information. Based on what I can see, these are integrations with telehealth providers that don't have physical locations. This could be Google's way of surfacing online-only practices during a local query to compete.

These are the options i'm given:

Thanks for the insight, Krystal, those are great thoughts, for sure. I'll keep looking into it to see what else I can uncover.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom