More threads by Larry Linson

Reaction score
I am wondering about what others have experienced putting clients in google Local Service Ads. I have attorney clients in modestly competitive areas (all legal areas are competitive this days) but not uber competitive like personal injury. I put one attorney client in and she called within weeks to turn it off, fuming about how much she had spent for zero qualified leads. I have two other clients who went in even though I advised against it - seeing all the other attorney lemmings who had LS ads - and they had the same experience. Is anyone experiencing clients who are happy with local service ads? Looks to me like a giant Google fleecing.

I am wondering about what others have experienced putting clients in google Local Service Ads. I have attorney clients in modestly competitive areas (all legal areas are competitive this days) but not uber competitive like personal injury. I put one attorney client in and she called within weeks to turn it off, fuming about how much she had spent for zero qualified leads. I have two other clients who went in even though I advised against it - seeing all the other attorney lemmings who had LS ads - and they had the same experience. Is anyone experiencing clients who are happy with local service ads? Looks to me like a giant Google fleecing.
In my experience, they can work well for contractors (as in they seem to produce non-junk leads). But LSAs are so childproofed, dumbed-down, and restrictive that they never seem to do much for clients in super-competitive markets or in other industries, or few newer businesses. In those cases I need to wheel out the artillery, and always prefer to do so at the start.

Hi @Larry Linson, we have a variety of clients in legal and nonlegal verticals, like home services and realtors, who are getting great leads every month from LSAs.

Like Joy Pouros pointed out, one nice aspect of LSAs is you can dispute leads for a variety of reasons. So if you have clients getting garbage leads make sure you/they are disputing them.

I don't want to disclose too much, but I'm in legal in a mid-size market and our LSAs are doing great. I was very skeptical at first, and our first couple months were minimally worth it, but now ROAS is up to 600%, and we're expanding our LSA strategy. The legal field I am in is one of the less competitive ones -- like you said, they are all competitive, but it's not PI.

Are you listening to calls and disputing enough? I dispute 30-50% of calls, and win most disputes.

I'm not sure there are any "tricks" I can share to making them work - there are so few levers to pull when it comes to optimizing.

I have clients in legal as well who are using LSAs. They are working well for criminal and family, but not so well for PI. Like others said, disputing is important. One gripe with the program is that in competitive niches like PI law, I've found that the estimate calculator is useless.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom