More threads by dnp

dnp

Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently received a random ownership request for a GBP profile I'm managing. How do I make sure that it's a legit email from Google and is not spoofed?

TY!

I recently received a random ownership request for a GBP profile I'm managing. How do I make sure that it's a legit email from Google and is not spoofed?

If you received something unexpected, then you need to verify with the client that they know something was going on.

Treat it as someone saying they're with "X company" and they need the FTP access to the site. If you're not aware someone was going to be requesting that, you need to contact your person and verify it's OK to do.

I don't think there is any other way around that kind of verification when you get an email from GBP.

Reactions: dnp
Thank you @Conor Treacy for the reply! I'm waiting on the confirmation from my client, just wondering if there's any way I can make sure that the email was sent from Google before clicking any link in it.

Thank you @Conor Treacy for the reply! I'm waiting on the confirmation from my client, just wondering if there's any way I can make sure that the email was sent from Google before clicking any link in it.

You could "view message" and then pull the "headers" and then trace the path of the mail, but likely more work than someone would usually put into it.

I'm pretty sure when you request ownership/management it displays something like that in the GBP dashboard too. So instead of clicking the link in the message, you can log into the GBP and see if there's an outstanding request.

I know when you SEND the management request while logged into GBP it says that it's PENDING (the other side hasn't accepted the transfer yet). So I'm sure there's something similar when you're receiving the request.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom