More threads by Cuoreimpavido

Cuoreimpavido

Reaction score
Hi, there is a duplicated Google Business Profile that I'm trying to remove for over a year now, I contact Google through:
1. Sign in - Google Accounts
2. Business Redressal Complaint Form - Google Business Profile Help
3. Reporting the map (many, many times over the past year).

The problem is that the phone number on both maps (the managed and the duplicate) are with a VoIP company, and they don't receive the text messages and verification phone calls from Google (although there's no problem receiving text/phone verification from most sites other than Google).

Any idea how to continue from here?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
That seems like odd advice. Typically the duplicate needs to be unverified in order to merge it. I would post at the GBP Forum asking for assistance there.
Why do you need a non voip number to get rid of a duplicate? Google support can merge it with the correct one. Can you share the live maps URL of the correct listing as well as the duplicate listing?

I tried to contact their support team, they told me I have to claim ownership on that duplicated page, and that's something I can't do with a VoIP phone number because it doesn't receive the verification text/call.

Last edited:
That seems like odd advice. Typically the duplicate needs to be unverified in order to merge it. I would post at the GBP Forum asking for assistance there.

Solution
Did you find a resolution to this? I have the same issue except the duplicate part. VOIP phone. Call is never received. Email is no longer in use. Postcard option is not coming up.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom