More threads by CraigRivers

CraigRivers

Reaction score
I’m listed as a Service Area Business with Google. I may have to update the “hidden” residential address on my Google business listing later in the year to a home that is literally two doors down in the same zip code. When reading up on the process some people have the easiest time updating and some people become embroiled in an absolute nightmare. Fearing the worst, I’m a bit nervous to do the update if needed. What are the chances Google would allow the update without re-verifying since the new address is a 30 second walk away? Any tips to avoid problems?

The chances of everything going smoothly are decent. Whether or not you will be required to reverify depends on multiple factors. Mostly the category, the age of the listing, and other trust signals that Google keeps track of.

The chances of everything going smoothly are decent. Whether or not you will be required to reverify depends on multiple factors. Mostly the category, the age of the listing, and other trust signals that Google keeps track of.

Thank you, Colan for the response – especially on the weekend.

What you said makes perfect sense. Google’s not going to decide anything based on one factor. Hopefully if I do have to make the address change, I’ll have an easy time of it. Much appreciated.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom