More threads by BWrightTLM

Reaction score
Been in biz for 10+ years and looking to finally hire a Business Development Manager (based in the US). Web Design, Local SEO, etc. I've got everything ready to go for the job posting but wanted to hear from others about their recent experience. Couple questions:
  • What are the common compensation and bonus structures you are seeing in the market?

Solution
Hey Ben,
You can do a deprecating base that decreases month over month with anticipation that there will be sales made, and you can give 10$% comm on sales. So you will need to do the math on average sales tickets, expected close rate and average leads incoming per month.
Hey Ben,
You can do a deprecating base that decreases month over month with anticipation that there will be sales made, and you can give 10$% comm on sales. So you will need to do the math on average sales tickets, expected close rate and average leads incoming per month.

Solution
Hey Ben - thanks for the tips. I had not thought about doing a depreciating base.

One main thing I am curious about is what is the going rate for base and/or total comp right now as well. My research tells me somewhere between $50k-$65k base with a total comp potentially in the $80k-$115k range.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom