MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
Hey guys. We have a client who is a physician. They have a GMB account with multiple doctors listed on the account. One of the doctors is no longer with their practice and they want to see if there is a way to remove that doctor from the account without negatively impacting Google search for that office location. What would be the best solution? Thank you.
2020-01-06_10-27-08.jpg

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
If you don't want the listing to be inaccurate, you could update it to list the doctor's new contact information before you remove it from your account.

I would also suggest contacting GMB support and asking them if there is a "works at" relation on the listing. If there is, ask them to remove it.

freerunr

Reaction score
... a "works at" relation on the listing.

@JoyHawkins, must I have access to The Guide to learn more about what this is? :D If I've ever heard that terminology referenced before, I don't recall it. I'm assuming it's a backend functionality for practitioner listings, and maybe there's nothing more to explain other than what you already have done...

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Kerry,

I'm still doing testing on seeing exactly what it does. The Guide gets into how relations look but this particular one doesn't show up visibly. I'll definitely add information as I learn more about what it "does".

It's different than the normal relation type which is meant for a business inside another business which is different than departments lol.

1578686080730.png

MoneypennyCO

Reaction score
If you don't want the listing to be inaccurate, you could update it to list the doctor's new contact information before you remove it from your account.

I would also suggest contacting GMB support and asking them if there is a "works at" relation on the listing. If there is, ask them to remove it.

Hi Joy, I'm having a brain fart. Once we have updated the doctor's info on the current GMB page to his new practice address, phone, etc. and then removed him from the GMB, how does he then take over or transition to the new GMB listing?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
W Is it possible to remove reviews on GMB? Local Reviews 4
Mike Yem Remove 3rd party messaging service All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Greg Bernhardt Implemented Remove Skype and add Linkedin for profile? Suggestions for the Local Search Forum 2
Niki Gross Tracking Variables Removed After Dec. Update Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Mozilla to remove Site Specific Browser (Site as app, PWA-like feature) Mobile & Social 0
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
B Will Removing Addresses for Multiple State SAB Result in Dup Listing or Suspension? Service Area Businesses 4
K Google & Google Users Removing Items From Service Menu Google My Business & Google Maps 4
H Facebook removing recommendations and ratings Mobile & Social 2
Chris Ratchford Yelp won't remove a review from a rude reviewer Local Reviews 14
Tim Kahlert Google removed post snippet Google Algorithm Discussions 2
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
W Call Tracking being Removed NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 10
WAHamilton Spam listing reported through Redressal Form and not removed. Next steps? Spam on Google 5
S 1-star review (not by customer) Can this be removed? Local Reviews 9
Rasmus Himmelstrup UTM parameters on the GMB website button keeps getting removed Multi-Location Issues 2
F Best Way to Remove a Practitioner Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 3
C A way to find a removed review? Local Reviews 2
STM Google My Business Duplicate Listing Removal and Dashboard Issue Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Danish Blackmail Review (Asking money to remove it) | Google support does not wish to take it down Local Reviews 2
billenross Location removed from maps All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 9
Mmclean07 "Remove" or "Permanently Close" Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Rich Owings How to remove reviews left by same person for each location All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 21
Chris Ratchford Can't find call tracking on website... need to remove it Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
Aly Kurtz Removing map pin that isn't linked to a GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djcoppedge Removing/Responding to Inaccurate Reviews in Healthcare Local Reviews 1
Lanerizz GMB Removing Short Names Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Mike Yem Removal of Business 360 view Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 15
djbaxter Google AdSense Removes iOS & Android Apps From App Store Google News: Important Changes & Features 0
LisaB Removing 2 Duplicate GMB Listings Google Duplicates & Merges 9
Jac Delay notice on new Google review is removed Local Reviews 0
Bryan Bloom 👉 Ahrefs Users - Are you aware they removed client alerts? Is this an issue for you also? Local SEO Tools & Software 5
MKubot Google Removing Category NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
K Help, False Listings, I've tried everything to remove them! It's bankrupting me! Google My Business & Google Maps 1
ChristianRdz Removing spam/fake reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
S UTM Tracking Being Removed Google My Business & Google Maps 20
Annika Neudecker Timeframe for review removals with legal complaints? Local Reviews 0
Rasmus Himmelstrup Removal of "Manage This Listing" - not possible? Multi-Location Issues 3
djbaxter New Removals report in Search Console Organic SEO 0
FriarTuck00 How Long Does It Take to Get Duplicates Removed? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Y Remove my name and address from your site. Contact Us Messages 1
U Do Google ever remove photos from a GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Lachlan_Wells Have you successfully removed an off-topic review? Local Reviews 6
BipperMedia Reviews being removed from "Education" organizations? Local Reviews 7
Cordell Crowley Removing Indoor 360 Streetview? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
M GMB Additional Categories Removed NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
S Flagged listings removed but then reappear Google My Business & Google Maps 9