More threads by Blakares

Blakares

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for help/advice to get the Owner label/tab/feature removed from a business’ GBP as shown in the attached screenshot. The Owner label is referencing an older article on triblive.com when that person WAS the owner of this business, but he no longer is (this business is now part of a large company with no single owner). GMB support says they are not able to remove the label and that we need to get in touch with the publication directly to get it removed which is out of the question. Submitting multiple edits to the profile as a user do not get the label removed. I posted this issue on Google Business Profile Help Community a few days ago but have not gotten any feedback. Is there anything else I can do/try?

Thank you!

Yana

Owner label in GBP.jpg

Hi Yana, in my experience there are a couple of options for encouraging Google to update the third party info that they pull into the knowledge panel. First - I'd suggest reaching out to Trib and asking them to update the piece. Second - you can ask Google for help updating this detail in your knowledge panel - Sign in - Google Accounts

Good luck!

Claire

Hi Yana, in my experience there are a couple of options for encouraging Google to update the third party info that they pull into the knowledge panel. First - I'd suggest reaching out to Trib and asking them to update the piece. Second - you can ask Google for help updating this detail in your knowledge panel - Sign in - Google Accounts

Good luck!

Claire

Thank you, Claire, I will work on that next.

Someone on Twitter said to try suggesting an edit while not logged into the account.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom